Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

hypothyroidism and hiatal hernia ??s

Views
Started by CantB2noty, Jul 15, 2009 10:44 PM
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

1 reply to this topic

CantB2noty

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: William Richardson
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2009
  • Starting Weight: 313 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 61 lbs
  • Current Weight: 252 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 165 lbs
  • BMI: 39.5
Posted July 15, 2009 - 10:44 PM

So I was wondering if getting the hiatal hernia repaired while getting banded cause additional discomfort after surgery? I have a small impacted one, whatever that means...

Secondly, I also was diagnosed with under active thyroid but my surgeon doesnt want me on meds to see if weight loss will kick it back in gear. My number was 16.48, so its really not functioning at all. I was wondering how this affected weight loss even with the band?

Thanks!!!!:)

justiceaim1

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2009
  • Starting Weight: 242 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 17 lbs
  • Current Weight: 225 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 38.6
Posted July 15, 2009 - 11:09 PM

My doctor discovered that I had hypothyroidism when I did my pre-op labwork and my TSH level was a 15 which is extremely low. They told me that it is very dangerous to go under anesthesia with hypothyroidism because you may not wake up after surgery and they wouldn't do my surgery unless I was on meds. They've had me on 75 mcg Synthroid for about a month and a half and I feel so much more energetic. It's made an unbelievable difference in my energy level. I hope that you are able to feel better soon. I don't know why they didn't do the same for you. I don't have any info for you about the hernia.

Posted Image

Edited by justiceaim1, July 15, 2009 - 11:11 PM.
forgot my ticker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates