Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Sudden Dizziness, Burning Stomach and Back and almost passed out

Views
Started by Redheada, Apr 01, 2009 9:50 AM
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

3 replies to this topic

Redheada

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted April 1, 2009 - 9:50 AM

Hi there

I had a very strange episode last night and I was wondering if it could be related to my LB. I was banded last July. Last night I had a small dinner and then felt like I was coming down with cough. I had some hot tea and shortly thereafter my husband was giving me a shoulder rub. All of a sudden I felt strangely dizzy (almost like in a tunnel) and my stomach and back started burning. I then had to go to the restroom and while there I felt like my arms and legs where pulling me down and I felt like I was losing consciousness. (I kept thinking my poor husband is going to find me passed out in the bathroom). I then got hot and clammy and sweaty. Managed to make it to the bed and lie down. At this point I felt like I was on drugs or something. Then 5-10 minutes later with some water I was perfectly fine. No pain, no burning stomach, nothing. Totally fine.

Anyone experienced anything weird like this before?

Redheada

Posted April 1, 2009 - 11:48 AM

Just a follow up note. I have a call into my doctor. Today I feel better but just weird and I have increased saliva in my mouth. No specific pain though and I can drink and keep things down. I do feel like aches in my stomach area but nothing specific.

Redheada

Posted April 1, 2009 - 12:43 PM

Ok so I may be headed to the hospital. I have similar symptoms this morning every time I drink water (havent eaten yet). And I suspect it may be my gallbladder. The only thing is that I dont have sharp side pain on my right (I do have some discomfort on the lower left and some chest discomfort). I am waiting to hear from my doctor.

Anyone have severe symptoms relating to their gallbladder?

Kristine73

I Believe In Myself!

• Surgeon: Jimmy Redmann
  • Surgery Date: Jun 2009
  • Current Weight: 225 lbs
  • BMI: 41.1
Posted April 1, 2009 - 12:56 PM

My gallbladder went bad two years ago. I didn't have the side pain. However, I had a lot of the symptoms you are experiencing. I was up all night. I couldn't take it anymore and had hubs take me to ER two hours before my PCM's office opened. I was diagnosed by the time his office opened. I brought all er paperwork to his office and he immediatly referred me to a gen surgeon. Hope all goes well for you. I am unbanded. But have an apt w/my pcm for this friday for a referral to a doc in my area that does the lap-band surgery.

Feel better soon
Kristine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates