Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

What worked best for your plantar fasciitis?

Views
Started by GinaJ, Sep 21, 2008 10:30 AM
7 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

7 replies to this topic

GinaJ

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted September 21, 2008 - 10:30 AM

My plantar fasciitis is rearing its ugly head again since I started walking and hiking again. What did you do to help the pain so that you could continue to exercise?

Tess415

Shrinking Shamrocker!

• Current Weight: 282 lbs
  • BMI: 41.6
Posted September 21, 2008 - 6:09 PM

I swear by my Birkenstock shoes!!! I am a nurse, and I love them for my 12 hour shift!!!! They have fantastic arch support. I also wear newbalance tennis shoes, but when my feet act up I go back to only wearing my Birkenstocks!!

Posted September 21, 2008 - 6:13 PM

I had plantar fascitiis (sp?) in 1998. I wore a split for several months and that helped. I had a really good podiatrist who worked with me. Good shoes, good arch support are very important. I still have to watch what kind of shoes I wear when I do exercise but I can exercise nonetheless. Good luck.

pstroud100

Page

Posted September 21, 2008 - 6:51 PM

I worked 7 years in an orthopedic office. I had terrible plantar fascitis and was told to do this: every morning before you get out of bed, a take towel and loop it under your foot and pulled it toward you and stretch as much as possible. It really works. Also a good pair of supportive shoes. Good Luck!!!!

GinaJ

Posted September 21, 2008 - 7:53 PM

Thanks everybody!

Bea1128

It is What it Is!

• My Blogs
Posted September 21, 2008 - 8:56 PM

I used to work for a podiatrist and all of the above recommendations are right on. Also you might try this: Put a tennis ball on the floor, rest your arch on top and roll it around your arch. Not hard to enough to make it sore, just enough to work it a little bit. This helps with stretching and massages at the same time. He would also say to do heel lifts by hanging your heel off a step and gently stretching your arches. Good luck.

curvesincali

Posted September 21, 2008 - 11:11 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions. My feet are killing me and the tennis balls are a great idea.... and I have a 20 pound bag of them... As you can see I have two labs... need I say more :rolleyes2:

Curves

Mary-2b150

Posted September 22, 2008 - 12:13 PM

one of the best things that helped me was wearing a sturdy pair of slippers around the house, instead of walking around barefoot or with a thin pair of socks. The extra support just around the house really helped my feet feel better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics