Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 13 Sleeve 2 Be

Hello Everyone...

I was recently given a sleeve surgery date of 2.13.17. I have not told very many people about my surgery simply because there has been so much disappointment surrounding my life and weight loss that I didn't want to publicly add another. (That's my honest truth, I would probably sugarcoat that for other people)

None the less... my final appointments are all scheduled for February 1st to see my surgeon again, to be a good lab rat and another mandatory informational session (I do enjoy those ). I am in the Savannah Georgia area and due to my lack of informing people about this, I don't have a major support system. A consistent buddy would be nice.

I worked really hard to lose weight ????‍♀️ before my surgery and I'm proud of what I did... But I always felt I could have done better with a buddy. (Sept 25, 2016 - I was 389, January 23, 2017 I was 355) I know the surgery will get all the credit after this... or even my liquid diet next week, but that 34 lb victory was mine alone!! ????I hear often that I don't look my weight... maybe where it's carried in my thighs and butt mostly but Lord knows I wouldn't make that number up! ????????‍♀️

It may not sound like it here but I'm sure I'm capable of being pretty supportive as well. When I'm not pouring my heart ❤️ out at 4am because I can't sleep I spend my days working as a Quality Analyst ????‍ for the best company evveerrr!!! I also have a masters in forensic psychology that I will be getting more usage out of post surgery ????.

I don't know how to add friends on here but please feel free to add me.... future friends.post-308737-14852524023247_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@iKarma1408 First of all congrats on your 38 lbs victory. I know how hard it is to lose even 1 lb. In my case (before the surgery), if I lost 1 lb this week, next week I will end up gaining 2 lbs. I know what you mean when you say not telling people.

I am one month out of the surgery and there are only 3 people who know about it - my husband, mom and sister (my doctor and my friends out here on this website). The only disappointing thing is when I meet my sister. She totally makes me feel bad by saying she sees no difference in me. I've lost close to 20 pounds from the liquid stage until now. I am a major case of PCOS and had taken all the incorrect drugs for about a decade and finally made a decision of doing the surgery for improving my health. Losing 20 pounds may be smaller for many, but not for me and I am very happy for what I have achieved.

I am happy to add you to my buddy list :). Stay strong, stay happy and stay positive. All the very best for your surgery :).

Regards,

TJ

Edited by up4challenge

Congratulations iKarma! I'm on the 9th! Keep us posted on your progress! I'm not sure either how to set up a buddy/friend link on the app, but hope to keep in touch on each other's progress.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Th, can you share how to set up a buddy list?

Hello Everyone...

I was recently given a sleeve surgery date of 2.13.17. I have not told very many people about my surgery simply because there has been so much disappointment surrounding my life and weight loss that I didn't want to publicly add another. (That's my honest truth, I would probably sugarcoat that for other people)

None the less... my final appointments are all scheduled for February 1st to see my surgeon again, to be a good lab rat and another mandatory informational session (I do enjoy those ). I am in the Savannah Georgia area and due to my lack of informing people about this, I don't have a major support system. A consistent buddy would be nice.

I worked really hard to lose weight ????‍♀️ before my surgery and I'm proud of what I did... But I always felt I could have done better with a buddy. (Sept 25, 2016 - I was 389, January 23, 2017 I was 355) I know the surgery will get all the credit after this... or even my liquid diet next week, but that 34 lb victory was mine alone!! ????I hear often that I don't look my weight... maybe where it's carried in my thighs and butt mostly but Lord knows I wouldn't make that number up! ????????‍♀️

It may not sound like it here but I'm sure I'm capable of being pretty supportive as well. When I'm not pouring my heart ❤️ out at 4am because I can't sleep I spend my days working as a Quality Analyst ????‍ for the best company evveerrr!!! I also have a masters in forensic psychology that I will be getting more usage out of post surgery ????.

I don't know how to add friends on here but please feel free to add me.... future friends.attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1485252401.369728.jpg

Karma, I think you should be proud of your progress already. I also wouldsay that the surgery does not deserve the credit, but you that deserves the credit. This is not an easy process. Remember the commitments that you have already made, the lifestyle change you have been preparing for and the personal commitment to positively change your life! The surgery is simply another tool, to help you achieve these goals! Be confident and Celebrate your success!

@iKarma408 I was sleeved 2 days ago and today is the start of my 3rd day. Definitely chug Water and follow your pre-op diet. That's so awesome that you've already loss that much weight before you have your friendly sleeve tool :) one thing I was never told about were the possibility of having severe "hunger pains." I'm learning that these most likely aren't hunger pains but more gas and the stomach rumbles a lot after every sip. Gas-x strips have been a tremendous help! I would love to have a buddy but just got this app yesterday so I'll see how we can connect. I'm excited for you!!

I'm 62 1 year out still haven't told many. Didn't want to be talked out of it. Best thing I ever did for myself. Lost 100 lbs in a year, passed my goal, jog 4 miles everyday now. Love the way I feel.

Just checking in to see how you are feeling now a few weeks out from surgery? Im still waiting for my date, but should be the end of this month. Would love to know the progress youre making.

Just checking in to see how you are feeling now a few weeks out from surgery? Im still waiting for my date, but should be the end of this month. Would love to know the progress youre making.

Hi Suaniya,

It's been a month & 6 days for me. I didn't have any issue after my sleeve procedure. I lost about 16 lbs within the 2 weeks after while still on Protein Shakes and liquids and now I am stalled! Once my period came on, I stalled completely. I can however see a difference in my clothes. My 24's are no longer fitting in the waist at all (the thighs are still holding on). I am in a 18/20 too much more comfortably. I saw the decline in my stomach, my fingers and my face the quickest. I was told on my last appointment to increase my Protein and now I can have veggies so I'm getting more into that this next week.

The numbers will drive you crazy if you let them... I have to tell myself that often. I work out and walk 4-6 times a week. Some days the scale is on the exact same weight. That's the worst... but I take a lot of pictures and keep myself motivated as much as possible.

Be blessed..

IMG_2526.JPG

I am exactly in yr shoes I got my sleeve on 2/13 am so far I lost only 16 pounds but i lost inches too which part of town do u live I am in dallas Texas

You are looking amazing! I will be having my surgery early next month I believe. I have one more dietitian meeting and then I have to see my doctor one last time. I just joined this site today and I am loving how everyone is so supportive of one another. I have a couple people that know and they are supportive but I don't think they really get it since they aren't in my shoes. I wish you the best and hope to continue to see your progress!

I am exactly in yr shoes I got my sleeve on 2/13 am so far I lost only 16 pounds but i lost inches too which part of town do u live I am in dallas Texas

I wish we were closer to combat this thing together my 2.13 battle buddy!! I am in Georgia, closer to Savannah area in Ft. Stewart

You are looking amazing! I will be having my surgery early next month I believe. I have one more dietitian meeting and then I have to see my doctor one last time. I just joined this site today and I am loving how everyone is so supportive of one another. I have a couple people that know and they are supportive but I don't think they really get it since they aren't in my shoes. I wish you the best and hope to continue to see your progress!

Thank you so much! It's amazing the people that will say, "well why are you doing that"... ummm... "to live, maybe".... ?! Smh... I'm not sure why people see this like a cosmetic thing but it's far from it!! Thank you so much love & best of luck to you! It's a great Facebook group if you are on there... feel free to add me, TayCe Cooper and I will add you to it! Very supportive & informative