Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posted phoned operation

Got a call today to say the doc has postponed my operation till end of feb, gutted was looking forward to my op on monday

Benn on my liver shrinking diet and due for op on Monday

x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Josie1958

Try not to let it bum you out. Just think of the extra weight loss from the pre-op diet as a bonus for your dedication and hard work and allow yourself a cheat meal or item or a movie. But treat yourself somehow.

Praying for you.

Sent from my SM-S920L using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow. There is probably a good reason on his part, but that doesn't make it feel any better when you've spent a lot of mental energy and effort gearing up for it.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Why would they postpone it by six weeks? That is a huge disappointment.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

YEs terribly upset about it,

I rang them Tandy and they said that they had been told to cancel all operations for the next month and could not give a new operation date. Was looking forward to my operation on Monday

I just had a similar situation today. How are you coping with it? I feel devastated :( I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I got a call today about my surgery getting postponed because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Thanks for your support, I really need it :(

I just had a similar situation today. How are you coping with it? I feel devastated [emoji20] I'm a week away from surgery (February 21st), and I got a call today about my surgery getting postponed because I haven't proved I'm ready. I can't stop crying. This is so frustrating. I am fully committed and I'm by the end of my first week of liquid diet. It feels like now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I really want and need this surgery, and I'm doing all I can to prove it. I gained some weight over the past six months, and that's what the doctor is concerned about. With only a week from surgery, I feel very sad and frustrated. Thanks for your support, I really need it [emoji20]

They said you haven't proved your ready? Meaning you havent lost a certain amount of weight or didnt complete the insurance requirements?
My insurance requires a lot of hoops to jump through but im only required to lose 1 pound in 6 months - that one pound has to be in the 6th month if not before and maintained until the 6th month. Ive heard of insurance denials, but never one from a surgeon himself. Im interested to see why!