Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay folks i am still waiting on approval i have been feeling anxious. So that leads me to thinking lol. I have always been thick chunky over weight fat obese and morbidly obese. Im here thinking that i have never been average or thin or anything remotely close to that.

Tell me what is it like? what does it feel like? What do you imagine its like? Help me visualize what my future can be! I know i should do it my self but just cant seem to wrap my head around the notion lmao. Be creative as much as you like lol or not.????

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

GM, feel you! I've never been thin either. I'm waiting on precertification for the sleeve. I think this will give me a fighting chance to get in optimum health.

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

Thin is a great feeling! It's trying on a new pair of jeans and smiling at the way they hug your butt! It's catching sight of your reflection in a storefront and thinking, "I look good!" It's feeling confident in a group of people knowing no one is wondering what the fat guy/gal is doing here. It's not dreading a blood pressure cuff! Thin feels better than any food tastes.

when i lost my weight after the band surgery years ago...my first taste was when i walked into Lane Bryant to look at the stuff they had on sale and the saleslady said "I think you are in the wrong store. This is a plus size store". takes a while for your brain to adjust to your body.

I never in a million years believed i would lose all of my weight and had to work very hard to do it.

Being a normal healthy BMI is an absolutely terrific feeling. My goal initially was to get healthy and put my comorbities in remission. I never even thought about being thin, that was just an added plus for me.

Well, now it is critically important to me. I feel better, i look better and best of all shopping for and wearing normal sized clothes feel fantastic. When i go into a mall i swear the rest of my brain turns off and i want to try everything i see on just because i can.

Sometimes when i look in the mirror i have to do a double take because it simply does not look like me. It takes a long time for your brain to catch up.

I will say the one negative is that if i gain a pound or two i freak out. Mostly because I never want to go back there again.

Another great feeling is when someone says geez, you are skinny! Who me? Skinny? I have not been called skinny since i was a young girl.

Back then they used to call me string bean in grade school and i used to go home crying. Kids were mean about it....then i reached puberty and all hell broke loose. Its nice to be called skinny now and I promise i wont cry. LOL

Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery. You need to believe it can happen for you as well! You just have to want it bad enough.

You can anticipate, speculate and imagine all you like, but you'll not know the feeling of what's to come until it hits you. There are the obvious, concrete experiences, such as having wiggle room in a theater seat. For the rest, you'll be in for surprises. Why not enjoy the awareness of your eyes widening as each surprise arises? I love to prolong the fun of the discoveries.

Your choice, of course. We all see things differently.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

@@pb1961

I used to struggle and sweat just carrying the extra body weight. Some days simple things were a chore.

To feel comfortable and confident in your own skin is what skinny feels like to me. I'm having experiences in life that I think some people take for granted if they have never been obese. I feel like I'm making up for lost time.

The things I can do physically have surprised the hell out of me. I Love gardening, I move and lift with ease. I ran a half marathon this year.

Just like @@Djmohr weight gain is a big fear. When I gain weight, I feel just as heavy as when I started before surgery.

@@doxaholic

Honestly no one can tell you because it is different for everyone and people feel differently about it.

I notice different things every day and how I feel about it varies from thrilled to please to annoyed.

@@doxaholic My best one word description on how it feels to be thin again...... Intoxicating

There are so many NONSCALE VICTORIES after my RNY. I can't say I feel skinny even tho I now weigh 125#'s. I can say that going into a room and not feeling like I am the fattest person there feels TOTALLY AMAZING!! It has taken me a long time to realize I CAN and DO buy clothes off any rack now. I wear a med top and 6 to 8 jeans. It took me forever not to go into the PLUS SIZED clothes!! It actually took my daughter telling me over and over that I didn't need to go to the plus side!! I don't sweat all of the time now. My grandkids ages 9 and 11 can sit with me in my recliner with room leftover!! I can walk 4 to 5 miles 4 to 5 days a week now!! And one of my fondest saying came from one of my weight loss clubs and I do mean many. She used to tell me, NOTHING taste as good as being HEALTHY or SKINNY!!! Do you know what she was ABSOLUTLY RIGHT!!!! Here is another saying I like " ACCEPT WHAT IS," "LET GO OF WHAT WAS," "HAVE FAITH IN WHAT WILL BE!!!!" Good Luck

Let's face it.... We all want and hopefully, achieve health.

But yes, the giddy part deep down comes out ...

I can shop in any store I want, with the exception of plus sizes lol

I can easily squeeze between a table and chair to pass to my own seat...

I criss-cross my legs, as well as cross them whenever I want...

Wearing high heels again- dreamy!!!!!....

My guy calls me a tiny thing...

My son, away at college, saw him just today on an impromptu visit. He's got the flu. I said "Honey, you look horrid, miserable". His response? " Heck, Momma, you look AWESOME!!"

Feeling desirable....

Feeling invincible ....

Feeling like any roadblocks, real or perceived, have melted away and the world and the life you want to live in it is yours for the taking.

That's my SHORT list.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I love all your responses they are all so wonderful. I was perusing through some of the you tubers vlogs and one of them said that being smaller threw her balance off. She was used to turning the corners for a bigger body and now she still tries to do that and somehow she does not adjust right and runs into doorways. Another you tuber says that her collar bone is exposed now and she forgets and hits herself on it from time to time. Ive heard about the knees meeting up while laying down because some feel that it hurts or is uncomfortable. All i know is that i cant wait to get there to my future of thin seems like such an impossibility right now.

Looking forward to the shopping to playing with kids to being outdoors not asking my boss for a specialty chair each year and riding a bike gosh how i want to ride a bike again. I can go on and on but like some of the others i really am only doing this to be able to walk upright again and hold my head high. To get healthy and no offence to my pharmacist but i dont want her to know me by name at least not for the reasons she does.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I just want to say that two years out and 100 pounds down I am not skinny. I weigh 172 and my bmi is 31. So bmi wise I am still obese. And am a size 16. That said I feel fantastic and can buy clothing in the misses department and love how I look.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My happy weight will be about a size 10/12. Far cry from the 20 I'm in now. (40 lbs off still in the same size - riddle me that). When I was 23, kickboxing every day, in the pool on off days and just dating my husband that's what size I was. And a M top.

I decided early on not to get caught up in hitting a size or number. I know my healthy weight is probably "overweight" based on BMI simply because I'm 5'10. I have always had large breasts and some serious curves around my thighs. And I'm okay with that, since that's just how my mama made me.

So if you feel great, your health is great, you're eating great - don't get stuck on a number

Physically it feels unfamiliar in good and bad ways. The good stuff is feeling light on you feet. You can literally move better and not worry about fitting in small spaces. I like the feeling of being able to test the limits of what I can do physically in my new body, e.g. Can I run faster, lift heavier; how can I push myself? I never strived for those experiences before. The downsides are being cold more often. Not sleeping great because my bony knees touch and I'm lighter now so I constantly slide next to my husband at night, always sleeping on a slope. I love being lighter and would not trade that for anything but there is a disconnect at times, I don't always feel small and I have an underlying obsession with staying thin. Maintenance requires vigilance.