Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone made the mistake of eating solid food to early?

I was advanced to soft foods at around 10 days.

if you do this again you might want to consider something not chicken - something like cottage cheese, or scrambled eggs or refried Beans. Most plans do not have meats until 4 weeks or so.

I'm 7 days post op and I had my follow up today. My doctor told me to go home and Tyra scrambled eggs but don't vomit -- exact instructions-- I thought it was funny. He told me to do eggs and soft fish this week

K and begin adding other foods as tolerated next week. If you tolerated the one bite of chicken, I would think you are fine. You may wan to just eat mushy things though going forward.

I just panicked i have been healing well even going to the gym, I don't go to the doctor for another five days I just need to find something as far as Protein that works, I really want to do well with my sleeve I can't believe I was so weak

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

solid food? No didn't try but puréed foods? Yes. I think I tried a few bites of sugar/fat free pudding a day earlier than scheduled. Please just make that chicken your last bite until cleared by your program.

Have you tried the Premier Protein shakes? I was in 2 oz every hour for 3 weeks after surgery. I also was allowed juice dilated 50% with Water. Puréed Soups 2oz, sugar free Popsicles, Water with slice lemon, orange or cucumbers in it. That kept me going and feeling fine during my 3 weeks of liquid diet. I was not allowed any soft foods until 3 weeks after surgery. Surgeon wanted my stomach to heal, but every surgeon is different. Just keep sipping through out the day and you should feel full. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App