Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any restaurants Bari friendly?

Not sure what you mean by bari friendly, but I eat out a lot and there are always things to order that work. Sometimes a appetizer, egg dish, burger or sandwich without bread, pretty much any meat, veggies, Soup, etc. You can eat what you want and take rest home. Also, you can eat the inside of an enchilada or taco for example. If going to a new place, I will check out the menu beforehand to have a good idea of what they offer. Hope that helps.

@@jackieu2012

Every restaurant is, if you know how to order.

Can you be more specific about what you are looking for?

Yup......it is your own actions that have to be bari-friendly, lol.

Any restaurant has something that will work out nicely.

It is one of the cool things about this new way of living....healthy choices become ingrained in our thinking and guide our actions in an "auto-pilot" way.

For example.....I'm fairly certain that I'll be going out to eat this afternoon. Not sure where we'll be going....most likely either Mexican (I hope), seafood or steakhouse (my least favorite).

If we go Mexican then it's super easy. Wide range of items. Fajitas are always easy. I don't eat the tortilla shells, just the meat and guacamole. I normally don't even eat the frijoles n' queso, although they are considered bari-friendly by most. I'll ask for celery & salsa to enjoy as an appetizer instead of chips. They also have a shrimp Soup that is stellar.

Seafood....broiled fish is the first choice.

Steakhouse.....grilled steak or chicken.

The one aspect that may not be bari-friendly in many restaurants is the portion size. Never finishing a meal is pretty much a standard strategy for us now.....so we've learned to accept that there will be to-go boxes or we leave it on the plate and call it good.

The steakhouse may be the easiest. A small filet is a great sized meal for me.

Hey- I've spent a lot of time on Palm Beach island and around the area and I would say the restaurants there are so accommodating of almost any diet. Fresh fish is the star of almost every menu on the island- there are multiple cooked and raw options at most restaurants I've dined at there. Seafood is ideal on a post-op diet.

It's such a health and image conscious community that stuff like lettuce wraps and lettuce cup instead of tacos and sandwiches have been around there for years. Even pre-op I always lost weight in Palm Beach!

I had an easy time at Ta-boo, any of the sushi spots, HMF, Buccan, Nick & Johnnie's, and off the island I ate at La Sirena and Avocado Grill.

You will do great. Just follow the advice of those who posted above in regards to sticking to Protein and veggies and you can eat almost anywhere. The only restaurants that are almost impossible are restaurants where EVERYTHING is deep fried or restaurants that just serve pizza & Pasta.

Thanks you guys.. How long before you had orange juice or Pepsi and I'm craving pizza bad!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You are joking, right ?

@@higher I live in West Palm and you named every restaurant I went to (aside from Echo & Bricktops) the past 2 weeks lol. It is SO much easier to eat dinner out than at home in my opinion. The food actually tastes good.

@@LowBMISleever Sooo funny. I live in NYC but visit PB a few times a year. I was actually down there for my pre-op diet even! And I agree, restaurant dining is really enjoyable with the sleeve. I get to have a few bites of delicious professionally made Protein - kind of exotic compared to what I eat at home - and I don't leave the resto overstuffed and regretting it like I used to! I dine out 3-5 times a week.

BTW how is Echo? I have never tried it because if I am at the Breakers I always end up at HMF. That small plate lifestyle is everything.

Agreed! Echo is wonderful. Sushi place with some great small plate apps. If/when you're drinking, their bartenders are amazing - they will accommodate any sugar free needs and change up simple Syrup for liquid stevia so you can enjoy their specialty drinks without the extra calories.

Thanks you guys.. How long before you had orange juice or Pepsi and I'm craving pizza bad!!!!

I am over a year out and have had pizza maybe three times. It is not normally part of my life now. Even then it is toppings only or really thin crust.

I haven't had orange juice or Pepsi nor do I intend too. I would eat a small orange before I would drink orange juice.

Try the Syntrax fuzzy navel, ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrate, GNC Lean shake orange cream, crystal light, or something similar instead of orange juice.