Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I feel horrible. I can't eat or drink, because when I try I feel so so sick and start gagging. I wish I had never done this. I'm so upset that I've been looking up 'stomach transplants'. I just want to die at this point. This surgery was the worst decision I ever made.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

have you called your bariatric team? you could have a stricture or something that can be corrected.

please let us know how you get on.

Your throat is raw and your stomach is swollen from surgery.

This will ease as next couple of days go by and it will become easier to get your fluids in.

We've all been there to some degree and trust me when I say it gets better.

Question though.. What are you trying to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

you have to give it time. a LOT of time. at this point you should be resting a lot, SIPPING Protein shots and Water and totally taking it easy. although your surgeon may differ, at 4 days post op there was no real eating for me, just sipping Protein Shots, Water, room temp sugar free Jello (1 tsp every few hours), and broths.

at 4 days post op, the anesthesia isn't even all out of your system yet (those of us in medicine know this can take MANY days to completely clear, especially if your liver is sluggish).

if you are having pain you should call your clinic. it sounds to me like you're trying to recover too quickly. take it easy!!!!!

I had surgery on Thursday and was not allowed anything until Friday and that is all liquids for the next 3 weeks. after the 3 weeks I can advance to soft foods. Surgeon said I need time for my stomach to heal. I would speak with your team and see what can be done to help,you feel a bit better.

If you are that sick remember there are no doctors here. Go to the ER. If you are not that sick, then see your surgeon. You should not feel like this. My husband and I had nothing but complete joy after surgery. Wishing you the best.

I felt the same way for a couple of weeks after the surgery. I was depressed, I constantly cried, and was in pain from severe acid reflux. It's been 6 weeks post-surgery, and I have started feeling like a new person!! I'm down 34 pounds, I have a boost in energy, and although my stomach still feels a little funny, I am happy with my decision. The way you're feeling will pass. You will begin to feel better and once you begin loosing weight/ inches you will have a boost in confidence in your decision. Also, talk to your Dr about your feelings... He may prescribe anti-depressant to help. Best of luck!!!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I feel horrible. I can't eat or drink, because when I try I feel so so sick and start gagging. I wish I had never done this. I'm so upset that I've been looking up 'stomach transplants'. I just want to die at this point. This surgery was the worst decision I ever made.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was Wednesday, also, and I have been crying all day. Feeling terrible and wondering how I could have done this to myself. Will spare you the gory details, but let's just say I'm having a variety of pains and problems. I've been sitting alone all day and just trying to get through it. If things get too awful, I will head to ER, otherwise I'll wait and call the surgeon tomorrow.

I did manage to sip some warm Lipton chicken broth a few minutes ago. It made such a difference. Try to find something little to take pleasure in while you heal and await better times. If all else fails, call your surgeon or go to ER. That's my plan for right now.

Try to get in 48 to 64 ounces of clear liquids and 60 grams of Protein liquid is ALL my doctor recommends for the first two weeks. Try that because your new stomach isn't ready for pureed foods yet. Sip sip sip and walk walk walk will definitely help! Hope u feel better soon!

Your health is SIGNIFICANT.

Regret is normal early out post op. If you did a search for "Regret" in these forums alone, hundreds of posts would come up. And 99% of them are from people less than a few weeks post op.

Take tiny sips and take your time. It will get better as the swelling goes down and you heal up.