Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month away from a new life! Lets chat!

Hi everyone! New to BP, and really hoping to make some great friends who are going through the same thoughts and processes as I am, because right now I am feeling sort of alone. I have a very supportive boyfriend and family. I also have friends who have gone through this surgery, and even had the same surgeon I will have, which is very comforting. HOWEVER- I need to make some connections with people or are feeling what Im feeling right now,, Im scheduled for gastric sleeve on August 26th, and as each day gets closer Im getting more excited, but increasingly more nervous as well. It doesnt help that I am super nosey and read every horror story imaginable, and watch youtube videos of surgeons actually performing the surgery. Has anyone else done that??

Anyways, Ive been overweight most of my life, and when I finally got fit a few years ago, I immediately found out I was pregnant. 9 years and a gain of 120lbs later, im ready to take my life back. Ive yo-yo'd for years and have a boyfriend who has an enormous appetite and horrible eating habits but doesnt gain a pound-jerk. (lol) fortunately he loves me no matter my size, but I am ready to climb out of this fat suit and EXPERIENCE life again.

I feel like I've sat on the sidelines for years watching friends and families enjoy their lives. I think to myself, "I used to be fun too". Now I let the fear of a little jiggle keep me from running and playing with my daughter, or dancing at a wedding, or going to a theme park or Water park...ive missed years of making memories all because I am out of shape and afraid, uncomfortable because of the weight I am carrying, in pain because of the stress on my joints, but most importantly.- putting everyone before myself. Well not anymore.

Yesterday was my last appointment with the doctor at the weight management center. I have been in a 6 month program, and have been poked and prodded, questioned, had psych evals, nutritional evals, group appointment, solo appointments, QUIT SMOKING and now finally I am 1 month away. Reality is setting in. WOO! But I am ready.

One month from today I take my life back, one month from today I start living again, one month from today is the BEGINNING of the rest of my life and i am SOOOO ready! Ready to be seen as an actual person. Ready for people to LOOK at me when theyre talking to me. I dont want to be invisible anymore, or EVER again. I dont want to be the "wow you have a beautiful face" girl anymore, and I am ready to put in the work!

Sorry for the rambling, but needed a place to vent to people who truly understand all the feelings and emotions, and I hope someone reading this can relate and will want to vent to me at some point too!!

Laters!

Best wishes as you move forward on this journey! It is an emotional journey--for me, it was so hard to admit that I needed help to control my eating. But it's also empowering--my sleeve is a tool that helps me but I am making the choices to make my life better!

It sounds as if you have a lot of support--that's great! And congrats on quitting smoking--that's a game changer right there!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great vent!:) U sound very ready to take charge of ur life! Hope all goes well and smooth for you. I has vsg 16 days ago and while there are struggles, I'm so glad that i did this and that I'm on the "other side". Good luck to you!

@@thisgirlhunts thank you so much. I am feeling very emotional too. I have always been told how strong I am, or how confident I seem....its all a ruse. Fake it til you make it and such lol Im looking forward to that empowerment

@@@thisgirlhunts Congrats to you both for coming out successful on the other side, and I wish you continued happiness!

The hardest part for me was to admit that I am in love with food. It's always there for me no matter what, but it's also slowly killing me. This is what is best for us all. I feel tricked in a way to finish my plate, but now they are saying that is too much. Well obviously it is now!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I have been heavy most of my life. I lost 32lbs before surgery and now have a total weight loss of 100lbs. I feel and look so much better. I find it hard to not eat the foods I love but some of those my stomach won't tolerate anyway. My life is a joy to live now instead of wondering how I will get through the tasks I have to get through. I don't want to go back.....ever.

Great job on quitting smoking, @@SleevieMcTummyTuck

How much weight have you been able to lose during the 6 month diet leading up to your surgery ?

Today is the 26th! Is today the day?

Sent From BariatricPal App