Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh. No filter family! >:(

Family wedding last night. I felt amazing - have lost about 100 pounds and was having the time of my life.

Saw an aunt I haven't seen since the start of my journey. She tells me I look amazing, then asks if she can ask a personal question...

"Is your husband going to have the surgery, too? I'm afraid he'll have a heart attack"

Seriously????? Yes, he's a big man, but he's also a big boy and capable of making his own decisions. Such a downer to our night.

Would I like him to lose weight for his health? Absolutely. But he is fully aware of the surgery and what goes into it. It's ultimately his decision. I love and support him regardless.

Grrr

Grr i know exactly how you feel... families can suck sometimes... they seem to think they can say whatever and we should just accept it.... i know its annoying and it hurts... but i have learned that its not worth taking it to heart.. I've learned to take it with a grain of salt..... but it is annoying i feel your pain

Family wedding last night. I felt amazing - have lost about 100 pounds and was having the time of my life.

Saw an aunt I haven't seen since the start of my journey. She tells me I look amazing, then asks if she can ask a personal question...

"Is your husband going to have the surgery, too? I'm afraid he'll have a heart attack"

Seriously????? Yes, he's a big man, but he's also a big boy and capable of making his own decisions. Such a downer to our night.

Would I like him to lose weight for his health? Absolutely. But he is fully aware of the surgery and what goes into it. It's ultimately his decision. I love and support him regardless.

Grrr

My husband is not too big but hes gotten to a size that is unhealthy but i agree hes a grown man his decision he sees what im going through and i know he doesnt want to do it and i blame myself for his eating habbits as i make the meals and i always fixed his plates now im trying to encourage him to do the gym with me and eat a little better but dont listen to anybody thats between you and him and in my case my husband was always supportive and never put me down made me feel beautiful at everysize and i want to try ans be more like that for him

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Exactly! He has been the perfect husband through this all - so supportive, never negative, complimenting in the way that makes you feel amazing without feeling like he thought you were hideous before, so proud of me, supporting my decisions..

He deserves the same respect.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Hooray for you!

Your aunt... (laughing) I think we all have one of them. I had one who once said after not seeing me for 8 years, "You're so fat I don't even recognize you". I loved her so much I couldn't believe she said that.

I would tell you to "make like a duck" and let it roll off your back. I'm certain your husband is so stinkin' proud of you and nothing else matters.

The lesson in her rude comment is... Make a note to yourself to never say anything like that to anyone.

Move forward girl!

Boy that sounds like my mother n law! She has passed on now but the crap that would come out of her mouth toward my husband and I. The worse part she was obese herself.

She would give gifts that would not fit on purpose and then tell you to lose weight!

I have a similar situation with my husband who is also morbidly obese but extremely supportive. I am scared for him as he is getting older but I won't pressure him into doing something he is not yet ready for. He knows he has a problem and he knows there are options for him. He has been so proud of me and supportive this entire time and I just want to be there for him like he has for me.

Every time someone puts up a post of this nature, it's an Aunt Alert.

Why is it that only aunts, whether first-string or 'great,' make stupid WLS-related comments or ask stupid WLS-related questions at gatherings of extended family?

C'mon, all you uncles, get in there! It's your time to shine.

Why is it that only aunts, whether first-string or 'great,' make stupid WLS-related comments or ask stupid WLS-related questions at gatherings of extended family?

Ha!! Too funny!!! My uncles just told me I looked fabulous!!

post-261961-14693845325642_thumb.jpg

Aw, thank you!!

@@DaisyAmy I have an uncle like that and his wife, my deceased moms only sibling, always talks about my boobs (how big they are). Even after losing over 100lbs she still talks about my boobs, she will be 80 in a couple of days so I try to ignore it but sometimes

I know too the pain of having a family with "no filter." I do not want to see them anytime soon. Both my husband and myself are now sleeved and into fitness. I know that they are going to say something rude/smart butt. Life is to short for BS.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Ha!! Too funny!!! My uncles just told me I looked fabulous!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469384527.955418.jpg

Beautiful!

We can do a family exchange. Difficult and awkward as it is to smack some sense or good taste into our own families, it would be sooo easy and fun to twist someone else's into knots. Alternately, send all your idiots to me. I'll send them back begging to do back flips to please you.

Hahaha!!!!! It's a deal!!