Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November surgery.. anyone else?

Hi, my name is crystal.. I'm actually not new here but I was posting in the sleeve before. I was supposed to have surgery in September of last year but then randomly got denied. I didn't give up and went to another doctor/hospital and I finally have a date. November 14Th!

This stuff can be hard.. physically and emotionally. I'm wondering if there are any other people having surgery in November.. and where your from. I'm in the Boston/south shore MA area.

I want a surgery buddy. Someone (or more) that understands what I am going througg and can go on this journey with me.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Yay! This excites me lol.. have you started anything yet?

I did my initial consultation in june and had my 1st appointment with the nutritionist the beginning of July. I was approved by my insurance, and now I just have to do the psych eval and complete 2 more months of a physician supervised diet. I can't wait to get sleeved!! How about you? Where are you at with everything?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Yay! This excites me lol.. have you started anything yet?

I did my initial consultation in june and had my 1st appointment with the nutritionist the beginning of July. I was approved by my insurance, and now I just have to do the psych eval and complete 2 more months of a physician supervised diet. I can't wait to get sleeved!! How about you? Where are you at with everything?

That's awesome! I've done most of everything I need to.. I've met psych, nutritionist, doctor, and surgeon.. I have to do two classes that prepare me I guess for now and after.. and start my liquid diet thing lol then I meet with the surgeon again for last weigh in and to go over what to do day of and everything... I'm very nervous but excited too..

I never work out but I've been busting my butt lately.. I did a 12mile walk two days ago and that's huge for me .. I'm 374lbs.. ???? I'm excited to know I'm going to be healthier and be able to run after my kids.

That's amazing! I'm signing up for a gym tomorrow and gonna start going at least 3 times a week. Just start with cardio and build up. I'm 338 and never really saw myself as being that big...until I see pictures of course lol so I'm excited to get this weight off and be able to do normal things without fear of being too big to do them!

How was your psych consult? I'm a little nervous, and I don't know why! Lol I'm afraid they're gonna tell me I'm too crazy to have surgery lol I really don't have any depression or anxiety or anything, I think I'm just making it worse than it is.

Hello everyone! I don't have my surgery date yet but I am highly anticipating a date in November, which also happens to be my bday month! I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. This consumes my life daily as I am either researching on the Internet or on this forum trying to make sure I am aware of everything- the good, bad and ugly!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's amazing! I'm signing up for a gym tomorrow and gonna start going at least 3 times a week. Just start with cardio and build up. I'm 338 and never really saw myself as being that big...until I see pictures of course lol so I'm excited to get this weight off and be able to do normal things without fear of being too big to do them!

How was your psych consult? I'm a little nervous, and I don't know why! Lol I'm afraid they're gonna tell me I'm too crazy to have surgery lol I really don't have any depression or anxiety or anything, I think I'm just making it worse than it is.

That's great! Yeah I've always been happy with myself for the most part. I mean I think I'm pretty and the only health issue I have is asthma but I've had that since birth so it has nothing to do with my weight. That's it! Like yourself though.. when I see myself on pictures next to other people or just sitting in pretty disgusted in myself. Once again I'd like to also be able to run after my kids at the park... Now of days that is hard to do

1. I have asthma

2. Being this big makes it even harder to breath

3. Things look different on me when I run (which is like never)

4. I fear that everyone is looking at me and judging me.

5. I fear sitting down in random places thinking I might break a chair. (It has happened before)

6.I fear that just because I'm so healthy right now that doesn't mean I won't have a heart attack in my sleep.

So many more these are Just some..

This is going to be hard.. my whole life is going to change but it will be well worth it I believe.

Hello everyone! I don't have my surgery date yet but I am highly anticipating a date in November, which also happens to be my bday month! I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. This consumes my life daily as I am either researching on the Internet or on this forum trying to make sure I am aware of everything- the good, bad and ugly!

Congrats on making the choice to be healthier! I understand I'm always looking up stuff... Sometimes it's good and then other times I do question things.. sometimes reading isn't the best idea. Just because something went a certain way or didn't for another person doesn't mean it will or won't for you. Everyone's body is different so they react to things differently.

I'm trying hard to not digging to deep anymore. I can't compare myself to anyone else. I can however ask for support and ideas on some meal plans ext..

I'm looking at a surgery date in November as well! I'll finish pre stuff in October and it'll be submitted on the 5th or so

I have done pretty much everything. I have my required preop support group meeting on 8/1 and I then meet with the surgeon on 8/16. I will have my 3rd nutrition visit on 7/28- which means only 3 more so that would mean my last one should be in October. I have met with the intake doc, exercise psychologist and completed my psychological evaluation- all have cleared me for surgery and I have completed all labs. So once I meet with the surgeon it will just be a waiting game- I think I may have to get a endoscopy.. The intake doc informed me that the surgeon will probably want me to have a bypass based on my weight and BMI, however I have decided that I want the sleeve, I'm hoping this won't be an issue

I don't have an official surgery date, but it will probably be in early November! I would love to have a surgery buddy who's on/around the same timeline as me! I'm from St. Louis, MO

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm near St. Louis. I'm on the Illinois side but all my appointments and surgeon, Dr. Minkin, are in St. Louis. Hoping to get all paperwork submitted to insurance in the beginning of October and surgery date in November! Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I don't have an official surgery date, but it will probably be in early November! I would love to have a surgery buddy who's on/around the same timeline as me! I'm from St. Louis, MO

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm near St. Louis. I'm on the Illinois side but all my appointments and surgeon, Dr. Minkin, are in St. Louis. Hoping to get all paperwork submitted to insurance in the beginning of October and surgery date in November! Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

That's awesome! So many October/November surgeries!! This is so exiting to have people on my same timeline!

I'm praying for a November date. I had my initial visit on July 21. I have my first NUT visit on Aug 1. Glad to see others here.

Ladies.

I am loving this very informative thread. I don't have a surgery date yet, but I have my first appt with True Results on 8/10/16. Just wondering what I should expect. How long is the process? If all goes well, will I have my surgery this year?? I am so ready to be sleeved up!!! I feel the same way as most of you ladies in this post. I have some pretty crazy fears, depression battles, etc. I really want to ride with my kids out at Six Flags, be able to run with them outside (or just run in general), and just feel better overall. I hate the way my clothes fit and how I look in pictures. I used to be so beautiful and photogenic!!!

Any information you ladies can offer me is so appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chubby in House Springs ;)