Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm stuck and frustrated

Ive been bouncing around between a couple of pounds. Eating 1000 calories or less. Excercising 1-2 hours a day, sweating biking, swimming, tennis drills. No salt. Getting Protein or exceeding. Drinking Water. I've got my high school reunion in 7 weeks and want to,lose some of this weight. Anyone offer suggestions to get over this plateau?

You may have reached a plateau, in which case, keep doing the right things and all will catch up with you.

The only other thing I can think of is "operator error." This is what tracking food is about. If you don't track, get started. If you do, take a look at the last couple of weeks to see where you may be eating things you're not aware of or not aware are counterproductive. No need to go under 1000 calories. Doing so lowers your nutritional intake and my leave you feeling hungry, therefore, perhaps likely to go overboard.

If the tracker doesn't show you obvious tweaking opportunities, see your practice's RD and go over them together. It really is common enough for band people to believe their eating well when they're really laboring under some misunderstanding of meal planning. It doesn't mean anyone is a dummy. It only means that there's more to learn.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Ive been bouncing around between a couple of pounds. Eating 1000 calories or less. Excercising 1-2 hours a day, sweating biking, swimming, tennis drills. No salt. Getting Protein or exceeding. Drinking Water. I've got my high school reunion in 7 weeks and want to,lose some of this weight. Anyone offer suggestions to get over this plateau?

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. If you intend to lose a significant amount of weight, you will experience stalls.

If you are following your program and getting in all of your fluids and Protein, and exercising, then you just need to be patient.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

List what you are eating. Stop any oils or sugar.

I've been keeping my food diary.

I got past my plateau. The weight is now coming off. The inches were coming off when I wasn't losing weight too. .

Intermittent fasting? No idea if this is a good idea or horrible one for sleeved people- I am just exploring the possibility of surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Susie. This is topic is not about fasting and apples to a lapband

Susie. This is topic is not about fasting and apples to a lapband

I'm talking about getting past a plateau with intermittent fasting. It can just be skipping 2 or 3 meals to lower the insulin resistance that could be causing the weight loss stall.

I got through that plateau and have hit another. It's not what in eating and I'm getting plenty of Protein and I'm excercising. I'll look at Shakeology.

I am not having surgery to have to drink Meal Replacement shakes to lose weight. Yes, for a short period post-op - you rely on Protein shakes/drinks but the ultimate goal is to eat healthy "normal" food and lose weight and maintain that loss.

I was sharing my opinion - same as you (although I did it without being rude). Drinking meal replacement shakes long-term is not sustainable - otherwise WLS would not be necessary. You can do your sales pitch all you want - as I said - "maybe it's just me" but I am not having surgery to have to continue to drink meal replacement shakes to lose weight.

Maybe it's just me but I am not getting WLS to have to go and do another fad diet like Shakeology. This is not sustainable.

Everything I have seen about Shakeology leads me to believe it is: 1) not bariatric friendly/too high in carbs and 2) really overpriced.

Would just like to say, not everyone is on Protein Shakes after surgery. My surgeons office does not want us drinking calories at all. Granted our Protein goals are on the lower end of the spectrum (60g), but to say that everyone will need shakes after surgery is not true.

I can't justify spending $120 on a month's worth of Breakfast either but that's a different issue.

I appreciate those giving positive advice. I'm a bit confused why gastric sleeve (pre-op?) are providing advise. I've had a lap band. I want advice from those who have had the same surgery as me. If you don't like the advice, ignore it, it's not your request for advice. Rather than to start some verbal war. I appreciate the person who told me what worked for them.

I'm a RN. I know what I am eating is correct which is basically almost all Protein because I can't eat anymore than that. I tried Protein Bars, low sugar, I gained weight. So that means I need 1-2 Protein shakes a day, high Protein low sugar especially since I am very active. I play an hour of singles or tennis drills. I alternate swimming 30 minutes or biking 5-8 miles 3-4 times a week.

I eat around 1000/1200 calories a day give or take. I work to add more calories in my diet.

I squeezed through my plateau and am slowly...slowly losing. It is very frustrating. Surgery Dec. 2015 and I am down since surgery 30 pounds, 40 pre surgery doing everything right. I have 90 to go. At least I've hit the under 100 pounds to lose.

So to get through my plateaus I mixed it up. Right now more of the Atkins or Keto diet with I do anyways but without the carbs, that's pretty easy. Most people just shed the weight. I'm still losing it so slowly.

Yes, I'm looking long term but I need something to get my body to get rid of this excess weight which is mostly around my stomach.

I am down 3 pant sizes. My goal is soon to be down another size by my reunion.