Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hair loss - when did you notice regrowth?

Hello! I was sleeved Feb 2, and now that I am more than 3 months out, my hair has been falling out like crazy and I have done my research and googling and understand that what I am experiencing is telogen effluvium and there is nothing I can do about it but sit tight and be patient.

I do take my Vitamins every day, which includes 5000 mcg Biotin and zinc to promote Hair growth.< /p>

I also get all my Water and more than the minimum 60g Protein every day.

I have experienced major Hair loss before, when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 15. That was also a case of telogen effluvium, unfortunately, my hair never came back after that loss, so I'm worried it might not come back this time either.

My question for you all is when did you notice your hair come back?

when I had my 3 month checkup, the nurse practitioner told me if I felt my scalp I would feel the hair coming back, but I can't feel it and I can't see it either.

When did those of you that experienced the 3 month hair loss start to notice it coming back?

Edited by crazyplantlady

@@crazyplantlady, When did your Hair loss start? I'm about a month post op and so far I have not lossed any more hair than usual. I'm hoping and praying that I won't lose much, because my hair is thin to begin with.

@@crazyplantlady, When did your hair loss start? I'm about a month post op and so far I have not lossed any more hair than usual. I'm hoping and praying that I won't lose much, because my hair is thin to begin with.

Hair loss started pretty much exactly three months after my surgery.

Nurse said will last until 6 months post-op

:( Hopefully not too much longer.

@@crazyplantlady - mine started around the 2nd month and went about 4-5 months (also when I was losing the fastest) and when the weight loss slowed - the hair loss slowed. I cut it just below my shoulders and now it appears to be thickening back up. Its a roll of the dice....

Having thin, grey hair is also depressing when you have had thick greying hair :(

I can live with the grey - just don't like seeing it thinning like that.

@@crazyplantlady - mine started around the 2nd month and went about 4-5 months (also when I was losing the fastest) and when the weight loss slowed - the hair loss slowed. I cut it just below my shoulders and now it appears to be thickening back up. Its a roll of the dice....

Having thin, grey hair is also depressing when you have had thick greying hair :(

I can live with the grey - just don't like seeing it thinning like that.

At what point did you notice the hairs growing back?

Started losing at 3 months, at 5 months a lot was coming out. I'm 6 months now and it has slowed down a lot, and I notice new hairs starting to grow in. Even though I panicked about all the hair coming out no one noticed other then my hairdresser. She said she sees it a lot when people lose a lot of weight but it does grow back.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App