Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which do you prefer post-surgery? I'm still pre surgery going in on May 10. I've been test driving some different Protein powders and while I don't want to overly stock up in case my tastes change I know I need to have something on hand. I tried unjury today in some chicken broth and found it to be totally fine. It made the broth a little creamy tasting which took some getting used to but I definitely didn't find it to be offensive. However, there was a lot of powder to stir into my two cups of broth (I was using a pre measured packet). The GENEPRO is appealing because of the smaller quantity and the high amount of Protein.< /p>

If you've tried both can you tell me how they compare in terms of taste?

I have a small supply of flavored Protein drinks that I've sampled and liked. I'm looking for suggestions on unflavored to mix with broth or juice. Thanks.

I don't trust GENEPRO -- I am not sure what kind of alternate universe they live in where 15 grams of powder can give you 30 grams of Protein. A gram is a measure of weight. In the universe I live in, Isaac Newton helped us understand things like basic laws of gravity where you can't get 30 grams of anything from 15 grams of powder.

The whole company seems like a scam. Look at the other stuff they sell. "Male enhancement" supplements etc. I think it's the modern day equivalent of the traveling snake oil salesman.

So, long story short, my preference is for unjury because I trust them!

I use GENEPRO and my nutritionist has signed off on it having had other patients use it and their blood work is fine. There are explanations as to how they shrink the Protein molecule using electrophoresis etc. All sciencey stuff, without it I would not even come close to my required protein. As for the claim that it is tasteless, that's BS! it's not too bad and definitely not as strong as Unjury, but you can tell it's in there. I mix one scoop with 1.5oz of cream of wheat, oatmeal or get a bigger bang for you buck mixing it with yogurt. As I'm sure you know, once you're post op you will not be able to drink or eat large quantities so whatever you can comfortably hold is going to be affected by how much Protein Powder you have to mix in. Maybe your nutritionist has some ideas or opinions one way or another about Genepro.

The GENEPRO stuff will work just fine for "normal" non-WLS people who are already getting their maintenance level of Protein from their diet (even the typical American crap diet is usually adequate on protein!) and doesn't mind making expensive urine.

GENEPRO.....Unjury.....blah blah blah......Genepro's Protein numbers are based on it's better absorption rate over other Protein formulas. That is why they tout more protein per gram.

Not being an actual chemists, and knowing how our entire consumer product industry is nothing more than a bunch of snake oil pushers anyway......... I don't really know what is actually being absorbed by my body, by anything out there. Maybe nothing. But then again.....there is always that "placebo" guy that enters the fracas. So it is what it is.

I use whatever seems to make me feel or function better. The more expensive it is....the more I NEED to accept in my tiny little mind it's working. So, that being said. Use whatever seems to work for you. And keep our economy strong. ;)

Thanks all.

I'm mostly concerned about which has the better taste, or actually which is the most tasteless. My NUT recommends either and several people from my program have used GENEPRO with good bloodwork results. I really like the unjury chocolate flavors. They seem to have the thin consistency that I prefer. I was mostly put off by the quantity of the unflavored Unjury that I needed to blend in.

I do use GENEPRO.......and like Franks Red hot......."I put that **** on everything".

It seems to be the most tasteless and dissolves the best with the least or no clumps. ;)

Oh, and here is a tidbit on human nature. Given time, we have the ability to adapt to almost anything.

Over the last couple of years, I have used various Protein drinks and for the life of me I can't understand WHY, in this day and age they can't make the stuff taste better. It's all horrible. B-u-t........The few that i have settled on using......well .....let's just say that continuing to consume them over & over & over & over & over .....(you get the idea) they do grauually get more bearable. Some I even look forward to .......Ok see, I went too far there. I had you till I said "look forward".

Anyway.....just grin a bear it .....visualize starving on "Naked and Afraid" and the alternative is a bug ;)