Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-surgical:

Lifting light weights

Swimming

Drinking a lot of Water

These are some of the proven factors that help with reducing loose skin after weight loss surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by alkalbani91

It also has a lot to do with how much weight you loose......The more you have to loose the more likely you'll have extra skin.....but at 20 years old you also have an advantage because your skin is more elastic than an older person......I think the answer is it depends......

I am 8 months out and 100 pounds down. I'm not quite to goal, but I've got quite a bit of loose skin. It bothers me, but not nearly as much as that extra 100 pounds did! I feel like I don't look good naked, but when I was obese I didn't look good naked either. At least now I look good with clothes on :)

@@Rebekah 136 at 20 years old - you have a better chance at limiting the amount of "sag". It depends on a lot of issues - age being one of them, genetics, how much weight to lose, how often you yo-yo'd and lost and gained, exercise, etc. Just enjoy the ride and deal with whatever sag you might have. :-) It's much better to have empty sagging skin than fat filled skin. I fully expect at my age and size that my already sagging boobs will have to be hoisted up to get into a bra once I lose weight! ;-)

@@Rebekah 136 at 20 years old - you have a better chance at limiting the amount of "sag". It depends on a lot of issues - age being one of them, genetics, how much weight to lose, how often you yo-yo'd and lost and gained, exercise, etc. Just enjoy the ride and deal with whatever sag you might have. :-) It's much better to have empty sagging skin than fat filled skin. I fully expect at my age and size that my already sagging boobs will have to be hoisted up to get into a bra once I lose weight! ;-)

I have to loose 99 pounds to get kind of close to my weight goal I'm not embarrassed to say I have to loose 120 to be at my total weight goal so I really hope I don't have to much

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@Rebekah 136 I bet you won't have a lot of loose skin - at 20 - it should still have alot of elasticity to it. It's great you're taking the opportunity to have surgery and change your life at your age. I feel like I wasted more than 20 years of my life being obese.

Edited by KristenLe

If it's just a little bit of loose skin I could deal with that and get if off if it's a lot idk it just really hit me the other day that I'm ready to get this surgery and Change my life for the better. Well now that your doing it now is all that matters that your getting it done you will be happy healthy you'll start to love life again

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App