Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Do you have anyone constantly trying to bring you down postop? I have a girl at work, and if I am ever not smiling, not unhappy, just working she says oh she can't eat she's so sad!!HAHAHAHAHAH. I am so not sad I feel great until she starts acting bitchy. I wish no one knew. Is it jealousy or is she just so unhappy she feels the need to put somebody else down? It hurts my feelings, and as a still somewhat emotional eater, it is really not helpful in this journey

She sounds like a petty childish pain in the arse who isn't worth the time of day.

Who says stuff like that?

She needs to get a life.

What a weird person.

I would SO report her ass to H.R. IMHO, that's harassment in the workplace.

She needs to shut the f**k up.

Wow, I am so sorry. I would actually not say anything to her. Possibly document, time date and place and what she says and then take to HR or Ethics. I agree with others - that type of behavior belongs in Jr. High! I know that we end up working with a wide variety of people at work but this one "takes the cake." My suggestion would be to take the high road and if necessary document so if you end up taking to HR it is not only a "he said she said" situation. Take the high road and keep doing a great job!

Good luck to you dealing with this hater.. I was just sitting here thinking about haters when I saw this post.

I get my surgery at the end of May. I've told a several from work who've all been great....but a few in personal life have been HATERS. It really amazes me!

Follow me on Instagram: beachgirllosingweight

Yup. This is harassment. Document it and bring it to HR. These comments are not to be tolerated at all...especially in the workplace.

she may not know that you are a emotional eater and know how sensitive the subject is to you more than likely

depending on the tone of her words or how often i wouldn't deem it as jealousy or harassment and go running to human resources just yet..sometimes people like to jab

look at it as a third person in the room to determine what the context of her comments are..if you think she is truly trying to be malicious then take action..if not..hit her right back with a zinger

What a weirdo.

Ok to be fair, if you brought me to HR over a comment like that without talking to me about it first I would make your life miserable. Lol, when I was done you would actually be harassed. Don't be a tattletale before you act like an adult. Go up to her and say, "look, your comments are getting on my nerves. This is the one time I'm going to ask you- don't comment on my weight, or anything related to it. This is a courtesy, next time I go to HR." That's still a little harsh, but once you've given fair warning if she keeps it up, then the consequences are her problem, not yours.

This person is stupid, but I don't think she has any idea that what she's doing could get her in trouble and I doubt she is doing it to be annoying and hurtful. Sometimes people just make comments to have something to say. On the slim chance she is intentionally being a jerk, the trick with bullies is to be the bigger one. Give her fair warning that you're tired of the comments, preferably open with something like "your comments are really bothering me" and then progress to "stop your crap or I'm going to get you fired" if you need to. Sometimes people don't realize that they are being stupid and hurting them professionally can accomplish much less than if you just confront them first.

Actually, I think @@AvaFern has a better approach.

Now there's an example of an extremely insecure person! Sad, really. Don't let it get you down. She doesn't deserve to have that power over you. She doesn't even have power over herself.

I agree with AvaFern, too and a combination of the other comments. The rule in any HR conflict is "The one with the most documentation wins."

So, here's what you do.......Give her the "heads up" warning. My health and my lifestyle are none of your business, and if you continue to make any further snarky comments, I will take this issue to HR for their consideration.

Then, with a little notebook that you are going to keep with you now, start writing down her comments - in front of her - as soon as she says them. Of course she is going to ask what about what you are writing down, and you should tell her the truth.

I am writing down exactly what you say about my weight and my diet.

Once she knows that she is accountable for what she says to you, I guarantee she will stop.

I'm with @@Cervidae on this. You don't need to focus on punishing her through HR.

Instead think about this: You are the one who is feeling great and has taken control of her life and her health. You are not a victim. I wouldn't waste the time to allow her the power to make you feel bad, or make you want to revert to old, unhealthy patterns because you let someone else make you feel bad.

You can't control her or what comes out of her mouth. All you can control is what you let that do to you.

Ok to be fair, if you brought me to HR over a comment like that without talking to me about it first I would make your life miserable. Lol, when I was done you would actually be harassed. Don't be a tattletale before you act like an adult. Go up to her and say, "look, your comments are getting on my nerves. This is the one time I'm going to ask you- don't comment on my weight, or anything related to it. This is a courtesy, next time I go to HR." That's still a little harsh, but once you've given fair warning if she keeps it up, then the consequences are her problem, not yours.

This person is stupid, but I don't think she has any idea that what she's doing could get her in trouble and I doubt she is doing it to be annoying and hurtful. Sometimes people just make comments to have something to say. On the slim chance she is intentionally being a jerk, the trick with bullies is to be the bigger one. Give her fair warning that you're tired of the comments, preferably open with something like "your comments are really bothering me" and then progress to "stop your crap or I'm going to get you fired" if you need to. Sometimes people don't realize that they are being stupid and hurting them professionally can accomplish much less than if you just confront them first.

Ok. This is the first half of the only answer.