Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from California

Hello all just had surgery on 4/20 still in the Hosp due to some complications. Apparently an (obstruction) can't keep Water or fluids down. Just on IV's till probably the swelling goes down. Anyone have similar issues w their surgery? Please share.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

HI,

HOw are you doing? I'm from CA too and also had my surgery on 4/20! Did not have any complications (so far,fingers crossed) but wanted to send you my support and well wishes. Hope you are doing much better!

I'm in Northern CA and had my surgery on 4/20. No complications. Just taking everything day by day. The gas pains and getting in/out of bed have been the worst. Each day it gets better!!!

Southern Cali here and just joined the forum, sleeved 6/7. Hope everything is going better for you Becca

Sent from my LG-H740 using the BariatricPal App

Hi, Napa Valley here. Sleeved June 8th. Wish weight loss was happening faster. So far no complications. Have to catch myself no drinking while eating. Doing it though. This is first holiday post op. Take care!

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

Southern Cali here and just joined the forum, sleeved 6/7. Hope everything is going better for you Becca

Oh you went the day before me. Doing pretty good. Cheated for first time had some ice cream and trust me I have been hard core all the way through. Dumb idea sick as a dog. Via the bottom end of business. Walking 3-4 miles a day. Feeling good. Weight is coming off 2 lbs a week. How about you? Are you feeling strong? Hope all is well. Michele

Oh you went the day before me. Doing pretty good. Cheated for first time had some ice cream and trust me I have been hard core all the way through. Dumb idea sick as a dog. Via the bottom end of business. Walking 3-4 miles a day. Feeling good. Weight is coming off 2 lbs a week. How about you? Are you feeling strong? Hope all is well. Michele

Hey there Michele, doing pretty good, and my first adverse reaction came from adding too much mayo to my tuna! I lost crazy fast for first couple of weeks, now it's down to about 2-3 lbs per week, but at least it's not going up!! Yes, fairly strong, I have my moments but trying to keep the bigger picture in mind.

Oh, total of 48 lbs as of yesterday. Although I'm not supposed to be weighing myself :)

Desire'

Edited by WhtWdUGive620

Anyone from Modesto area? I am in the process of getting my approval from my ins.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am a month out. My stem grandmother lives in Modesto. Spend most holidays there. She lives off McHenery/Sherwood Forest. Hope you get approved soon. Stay focused losing weight it all counts!

Hey there Michele, doing pretty good, and my first adverse reaction came from adding too much mayo to my tuna! I lost crazy fast for first couple of weeks, now it's down to about 2-3 lbs per week, but at least it's not going up!! Yes, fairly strong, I have my moments but trying to keep the bigger picture in mind.

Oh, total of 48 lbs as of yesterday. Although I'm not supposed to be weighing myself :)

Desire'

Funny you say that about mayo in tuna. That was my first mistake. Yeah I thought I'd be losing faster but keeping on on track. Walking and probably not eating enough Protein. Losing though. Really excited to shed the next 20 cause I'll be breaking out the 200's!!! Thanks for answering. Stay in touch! Hope you are well. Michele

Hi. Chele367, I know that area! I used to live off Floyd and mchenry .

How are you doing so far. ? I am kinda of lagging on getting my blood work and going to my psy appt. I am just so undecided. I have always said " if I have ins , I would get the weight loss surgery" well I have had ins for a couple of year and they are going to pay for it. I really want the surgery one day then the next day I am not umm not sure. I just pray I can make up my mind .

Anyone from Modesto area? I am in the process of getting my approval from my ins.

I live in Salida. I am new to this whole thing. I have talked to my doctor about having the surgery and I have to meet with a counselor on Thursday. Then I have to take a class in December. It is still a ways away for me to get the surgery, but I am looking forward to it. I have Kaiser. What insurance do you have?