Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shoes, and lipstick, and scarves, oh my!

This whole preop period is getting expensive ;-)

I've determined to break out of my style rut. And I seem to have been rather too successful.

I went shopping yesterday with a pal, because I had decided I wanted to start wearing perfume again. I'd been in work and activity settings with people who were allergic and I just got out of the habit. I needed to try "my" scent to see whether it still worked for me.

As I was getting ready to go shopping, I realized I had a drawerful of scarves that I'd always enjoyed that I'd just neglected for years. So I slapped one on before I left.

And I got my perfume.

And two pair of shoes.

And a new lipstick.

And a dress for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. I guessed at the size, but it was perfect for the occasion, and 25% off. Fortunately I have a great seamstress who can take it in if need be.

Fortunately I have a great seamstress who can take it in if need be.

That last line: I like the way you think.

I'm thrilled for you for all that you've written. Your post should get the award for Note of the Week. Of the Month with its plus-1 day.

Your fan awaits: Which perfume?

Good for you! I love shopping so much now that I wish I could be someone's personal shopper. LOL! I could spend their money instead of mine.

One problem though, I would be the person trying clothes on like a crazy woman! I just love seeing all the stuff right off the rack that I can fit in to.

I could spend the whole week in a dressing room.

A few months ago I went shopping for a sweater dress. The dressing room was loaded with about 25 different dresses that someone left in there. I found myself trying them on just to see if they fit me! LOL

It's like a challenge now! Thank goodness I really do have some willpower!

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder. I tried a couple others, but after having them on for a while, meh. It's light enough it doesn't walk into the room before I do.

Annnd I just ordered another pair of shoes. I found them in my size for 25% off online, and they're a style I've been looking for for YEARS.

Edited by 2goldengirl

Careful with buying too many shoes. My feet shrank, and I lost a whole half size.

Careful with buying too many shoes. My feet shrank, and I lost a whole half size.

I thought of that, but my one foot has been broken three times and has hardware in it. It won't get any shorter than it is. I've worn this same shoe size, fat or thin, for all my adult life. I actually did have a thin period in my 20's.

@@Babbs

I had the same thing happen. I lost a half size and of course all the wide width. Shoes I bought about 3 months post op are sloppy on me now.

Of course I always spend serious money on shoes so I had only bought a couple pair but I am bummed that they no longer fit.

I can't wait for some of my necklaces to hang lower. Boobs, not so much.

I sure hope my rings don't get too big, Heck, I only wear a 5!

Oh dear, ring sizes!

I'm wearing ring guards now on my wedding rings and my anniversary ring. I'm almost 18 months post-op (and definitely at goal). I told hubby I would get my wedding / anniversary rings resized at two years post-op if I haven't regained any weight.

BTW, my shoe size did not change. Am a US 9.5 / 10. However, that size is much more comfortable now than before. FTR, today I'm wearing a 4-inch nude peep-toe heel with dark skinny jeans. Super Bowl Day. ;)

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch

Oh I know. I wear two rings, my wedding band set which has the engagement ring, wedding band and 25 year anniversary band all soldered together and then a journey band on my right hand.

To size both of them is quite a production because of their design, especially my journey band. Anyway, at 3 months post I had ring guards installed and wore them until that too was too big. I had them downsized 3 sizes in May. Well since that time I have lost another 50+ pounds and they are both dangerously loose again.

I had very chubby hands and a very big neck and wrists and I love jewelry. My husband loves giving good jewelry as gifts and of course I appreciate it but all of my necklaces are too big, my bracelets literally slide off my wrists given I am basically at goal and still losing.

I guess hubby just has to replace a lot of my jewelry. OH DARN! LOL!

We made a run to Target today. In anticipation, I hauled out my scarves and ironed them all - getting all smushed up in the drawer organizer thingy I had for them wasn't good for them. I knew I needed another scarf hanger, and Target has the ones that are non-slip.

And....I bought another scarf. I had to. It's a lovely dreamy aqua. That makes 16, not counting the um, 8 or 10 knitted scarves and shawlettes. I just might have a scarf problem.

Edited by 2goldengirl

I just started wearing scarves this year. They keep me warm!

@@Djmohr, you should have noticed that things you'd never have thought of have changed in size, rings and leather gloves, to name two. Necklaces hang longer, pendants hang lower. Scarves, too. Other items as well.

..don't forget pocketbooks. I had to shorten all the shoulder straps, or just give them away if they weren't adjustable. :rolleyes: