Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food packing for Vacation

Hi all!

I am heading out of state for a week with a friend and need plane friendly, shelf stable advice on things to pack to take. While I know I can visit a grocery store there, I will be with her family and one car so I won't have everything I need to stay on plan right away like Greek yogurt, FF cottage cheese, etc.

I need to pack some kind bars, but most of my Protein comes from meat and low fat/FF dairy.

Any suggestions?

On my vacations coming up I am packing Quest bars although I'm trying to think of other options, so hopefully other will have some ideas!

I am getting ready to do same and often have to pack some Snacks for times away with my nephews for soccer tournaments. So I pack my snacks I. snack size bags and then put them all in one big ziploc. I pack 1 oz portions of beef Jerky (love Leave brand as it is very tender), cashews and Quest bars. If I am going to have ability to refrigerate, I take the 2% Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese bars (3/4 oz) and Premier Protein ready made drinks and yogurt. I will be going to Mexico on vacation soon and won't be able to take the liquids, so I am going to put a scoop of Protein. powder in ags to take with me to mix with Water. It doesn't taste as great mixed with water but I know it will make sure to get my protein in. Will be interested to see others suggestions.

Beef Jerky, almonds, Oh Yeah bars, Quest bars if you can handle them (blurp), premade Protein shakes like Carb Advantage (Walmart or Sams), Premier Protein Shakes (costco or Sams). Foil packets of chicken, tuna, olives.< /p>

If you have a cooler, cheese sticks, hummus, hard boiled eggs, chicken strips, pepperoni, deli meats.

I used to stress about what to eat when I was away from home, but when I am super busy, I don't snack as much and at a meal it takes so little to fill me up, I really don't need much. I can eat a handful of almonds, a Protein Bar and a few pieces of beef jerky over a day and be fine. I pack less and less food when traveling and am always more than fine.

Unless your plane ride is more than 6 or 7 hours, I can't imagine you need much more than a Protein Bar, and once you get there, I assume they eat. You can eat whatever they eat, just skip the carbs and cut back on the portions.

I just tried a Power Crunch bar today in Salted Caramel. It was delicious! 13g Protein and 13g fat, so you may feel it is too high in fat (everyone is different on that), but oh man it was so good! Like a candy bar. Something I will likely not be able to keep in quantity in the house. On Quest bars, my favorite is the chocolate cookie dough (Quest bars generally have around 20g protein).

Oh and if you like hot chocolate at all, look at the ones in the Bariatric Pal Store. They have great flavors with the hot chocolate and it is in individual pre-measured packages so easy to carry with you (where you can mix them with hot water) and only 80 calories / 15g Protein.< /p>

When I road tripped for a week a couple months back, I took a an ample supply of Quest bars, low sodium beef Jerky and premixed Premier Protein vanilla & chocolate shakes. I was in my own vehicle an tossed my cooler in the back seat and filled the remaining cooler space with bottled Water.

Everything went fine.

I am getting ready to do same and often have to pack some Snacks for times away with my nephews for soccer tournaments. So I pack my snacks I. snack size bags and then put them all in one big ziploc. I pack 1 oz portions of beef Jerky (love Leave brand as it is very tender), cashews and Quest bars. If I am going to have ability to refrigerate, I take the 2% Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese bars (3/4 oz) and Premier Protein ready made drinks and yogurt. I will be going to Mexico on vacation soon and won't be able to take the liquids, so I am going to put a scoop of Protein. powder in ags to take with me to mix with Water. It doesn't taste as great mixed with water but I know it will make sure to get my protein in. Will be interested to see others suggestions.

Syntrax Nectar can be bought in single serve packets. It mixes great with water & a spoon. I just returned from vacation and I took them with me.

I cut my beef Jerky up into fingernail sized pieces and put it in sandwich baggies so I'm not gnawing on larger pieces caveman style in public. So much more "ladylike".

What a great idea!!!

I've been trying to find a new Protein Bar which is higher Protein and lower far/carb. Many of the Power Crunch bars, as mentioned, are awesome. A new one I found is pure protein. 19 protein, 200 cal, 5 fat. Found them at Walmart and Walgreens.