Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What were your favorite first "solid" foods?

On Monday, I will be 8 weeks out and I officially graduate from mushies to solids. Unfortunately, I do not meet with my NUT until Friday, so my questions to all you sleevers is what were your favorite first solid foods? What was harder to eat and so I should wait till later? I assume that I will be putting off steak, nuts, seeds, corn, asparagus, celery a bit longer. But wondering if I can actually try a salad? I haven't had salad since before my pre-op diet. I'm already taking pills instead of crushing everything and those are going down fine.

I have already been eating slow roasted fork shredded chicken, various cheeses, mashed potatoes, ground beef (in spaghetti sauce). I guess I'm wondering things like - even though I still think its too early to bite down on a celery stick, because it might be too fibrous, I'm wondering if I can start putting chopped celery in my tuna salad. Things like that.

So please let me know what worked well and what didn't.

when i can my first hard food meal will be chinese, chicken teri and boneless ribs

My very first solids just happened to land on Thanksgiving day! Pretty cool so I had a piece of turnkey. Tiny piece.

My first solid that I loved was BBQ Salmon, steamed broccoli with white cheddar cheese.< /p>

@@tugs Will you be having rice or lo mein noodles? I went to solid foods after 3 weeks. The only mushy foods I had was mashed potatoes and creamof wheat. I never went thru the purree stage like I was supposed to. I have been eating Pasta from ramen noodles since week 3 with no problems. Gonna try rice today.

During our pre-surgery classes, I specifically asked about a salad. The NUT suggested that it would be six months before we should try salads - the 'stickiness' of the lettuce leaf is a problem.

-sd

My favorite first solid food was and is cheese! My favorite soft food was cheese, too! It would have been my favorite liquid food, too if I could have found a clear liquid cheese.< /p>

But seriously, my favorite soft and solid foods are generally the same: tuna, salmon, shrimp, scallops, turkey, meatballs, ground meat, turkey burgers, black bean burgers, pork tenderloin, yogurt, fresh fruit, green Beans, fresh sliced tomatoes, steak, refried Beans, and cheese.

The biggest treat when I was cleared for regular foods was Greek (gyro meat, feta, tzatziki sauce, hot sauce, no pita, no rice). I did have a bite of stuffed grape leaf.

I didn't really start salad/lettuce until later.

I really enjoy grilling.

I'll most like start with something like grilled boneless chicken breasts. These pics were from one of my last cooks prior to starting the pre-op liquid diet.

W0BtIpD.png

m3eekTX.png

A chicken wing may be in order, too.

ILRoPH5.png

9e5uR3b.png

Grilled Brussels are one of my favorites, too.

7PL4lCq.png

If I get rained out then some Ahi tuna would be nice.

zBz7TjH.png

4a4CwF7.png

Grilled asparagus is awesome when you use the right rub.

BcLG51C.png

Steak is always an option

k0tNOiW.png

MZVLooi.png

Salmon and flounder.

h4N1A2x.png

4UV7lN8.png

I may make fish & shrimp tacos for the family and I'll just skip the shells.....

CB9Ue3o.png

UHWcD5X.png

huNcAX0.png

Steak pinwheels may be in order

Dp8RNB4.png

JYV0uji.png

G4gBwUy.png

vql2RqN.png

Eyt7PT2.png

dc43ASU.png

cheese is still one of my favorite solids, it's so easy to grab a babaybel and get 8 grams of Protein. Another issue with salad is that there is typically not many in any grams of protein in a salad, so you are just filling your stomach with "empty" food.< /p>

My son said I have to make burgers for him. I'll have one without the toppings.

0eoDfC0.png

NfpNnCY.png

UiYFm4b.png

A quick batch of guacamole would be killer.

yMvvcPr.jpg

cH1rUmr.jpg

Love grilled salmon

cRSaDsE.jpg

TVYoIE6.jpg

Maybe stuffed artichoke and vegetable skewers

vmAvo2b.jpg

GlwrXWZ.jpg

Did I mention that we like grilled wings ?

G8s5OUU.jpg?1

jns2HwB.jpg?1

BPn8yPQ.jpg?1

Gs7VJo9.jpg?1

@@Whitney1968

Why are you eating so many carbs?? Where is your protien? I don't think your diet so early out should consist of rice, cream of wheat and ramen noodles?

Call me crazy...

Pulled pork with homebrew vinegar sauce

AbCA4ua.jpg

UrgIhE7.jpg

UrgIhE7.jpg

DcvCSyv.jpg

And see the stuff @@Dub is posting? THAT'S how post WLS peeps should eat.

I know exactly what my grilling will be.

I'm going to smoke a beef brisket overnight.

A couple burnt ends would be a damn fine Protein for that day.

Last one was a 12 pound packer.

cklxIwM.jpg

The 1" cubes of burnt ends are like meat candy. So dang good when a little hickory sauce is basted on them the last few minutes they are smoking. This is the very best of my grilling menu. Burnt ends. Could eat them every day, I think.

OqsGlPM.jpg

53Hs3Gg.jpg?1