Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the "At or near goal forum"

Don't the cups and underwire end up wrapping around the ribcage rather than sitting under the breast?

So far they have done a good job with it. It is not just a shortening of the band, she has also "pulled in" the sides as well. It takes abit to get it right but she is actually very good at it. All they do is bras, so I guess that have to be good!

So far they have done a good job with it. It is not just a shortening of the band, she has also "pulled in" the sides as well. It takes abit to get it right but she is actually very good at it. All they do is bras, so I guess that have to be good!

They must be *very* good. Because even my (very old school) bra maker MIL, 3 bra fitters and a handful of tailors tell me it is not easy (or cheap) at all to make a bra fit once it's too big.

Maybe I just went longer between bra's than you are, and that might have been my problem. That there was just too much cup and back-strap to deal with (even with bringing in the sides and middle of the bra)

Anyway. A new bra and undie set (or 3) make me feel all girlie!

This is a cool thread!! I am 16 pounds away from goal!! I will be so thrilled when I reach it. I have never reached a weight loss goal of this amount...so I can't wait!

Be Blessed!

Part of my problem is I am in a rural area, and the only place in say 200 miles to get a bra fitting is in Dillards, and even then it is not made for you---they find the best fit in ready mades for you. It DID make a difference even then, but nothing as individualized as y'all are getting.

In the meantime, even though they are not as supportive, or anything, I CAN walk in any store, and buy bra & panty sets now! I love that!

On a good note, I read about an advantage to being overly endowed. They said if you are taking an up close face shot picture, if you go braless it will pull the wrinkles out of your face!!! I see myself looking like a teenager in my next drivers license picture!!! Now having it made, may be embarassing---possible illegal!

Kat

and even then it is not made for you---they find the best fit in ready mades for you. It DID make a difference even then, but nothing as individualized as y'all are getting.

I actually get off the rack bras too. I end up paying up to AUD$120 for them, but they are worth it, and really, by the time the bra fitter and I have tried every single bra in my size that they have in stock, I end up with at least 2 or 3 bras that are as good as a custom made.

My actual cup size is no longer the problem, it's now more the fact that I measure as a US 26-28, or an Aussie 4 to 6. The DD cup I can buy anywhere, its the back strap that gives me grief.

Yeah, that's a very unusual size! Way better than being a 600Z though I guess, lol.

I find I'm now a 12E and that is difficult enough. Most of the 10's, 12's, never have any more than a C on the racks. Although it is easy enough to buy them online, I will only buy a bra that I have worn before and know suits me.

I find I have a lot of underarm flubber, breast tails I think they call them, and I need a wide backstrap regardless of being narrow backed - and that E breasts are not out of proportion to my height. A lot of smaller bras have a very thin strap and then I get this unsightly bulge under the arm although I dont have back fat anymore.

Fayreform are jsut the BEST bras for me, they fit me perfectly. A good bra makes that much difference and you can so easily buy swimsuits for bigger busts too that I just dont know that I could be bothered having a breast lift to remedy the sagginess. Its really only DH that wants me to do that and i just really cant see why you'd bother. Where do you go braless ever really?

He just doesnt seem to understand that if I were to have a lift, clothed I would look absolutely no different than I do now anyway. And that often you dont get as great or long lasting a result lifting larger breasts anway. I'd rather spend that money on my thighs, lol.

Even if I had all the money in the world I don't think I would bother having my breasts done. Honestly. They just aren't bad enough to warrant more surgery. I have been through enough in the last 2 and a half years. And you are right. I don't know that I would look any better clothed than I do now. So why waste the money?

So I am just reading on here and contemplating what life is like at goal??? I cannot wait to be in your shoes. You should all be so proud!!

I was wondering.... Do you have to live like an alcoholic that is sober, what I mean does it ever come naturally or are you always fighting the demons? Please tell me it gets easier!

Thanks,

Maureen

Metalband, it does get easier. My band had to be totally unfilled for surgery and I have lost 4 pounds in the last 10 days. I am still eating banded portions, and not struggling at all. I have been banded just over 2 years. ~Mandy

So I am just reading on here and contemplating what life is like at goal??? I cannot wait to be in your shoes. You should all be so proud!!

I was wondering.... Do you have to live like an alcoholic that is sober, what I mean does it ever come naturally or are you always fighting the demons? Please tell me it gets easier!

Thanks,

Maureen

I have somedays where I have to fight, but not many. I think you have to think of this as a life change really and truly. You can't really do it otherwise. Around time Aunt Flow vists can be hard to avoid chocoalte, but I gotta do it!

For the most part I don't think much about food anymore. I cook what sounds good, and I eat what I can, proportion wise. I am able to eat almost anything (glazed donuts are my enemy!!). The only time I "resent" the band---is like the other night, my DH grilled these burgers, we had fresh from the garden veggies, they tasted soooooo good, and I wanted to be able to eat more......to enjoy it more! Reheated meat is usually not moist enough---so lesson learned, keep one patty out to grill for lunch the next day!!!

I eat my burgers same as I always did, the bun, the Condiments, and veggies on them---I just now eat about 6 bites---small bander bites and I am done, rather than eating 2 full burgers. But man I enjoy those bites.

Unsure how it relates to an alcoholic and their booze---never had THAT problem!!! I quit smoking years ago, gave up on wild men, when I married DH many, many moons ago...and now gave up on my gigantic food proportions.....alcohol missed me!!! Thank heavens I don't know if I could give anything else up~j/k

Kat

Thanks for the response. I would assume/hope that it gets easier but I feel like there will always be a fat person inside me, even when I get to goal!

Okay so I did not want to give the impression that I had the alcohol issue because I never did.....I actually need to increase my alcohol intake from 3 glasses of wine per year to maybe 6!!! I just know that they go through the whole, one day at a time thing and they call themselves alcoholics even when sober for years. Will I always be a recovering M & M Junkie???

I am glad that you responded that even at goal you can have a few bites of a burger etc.... that sounds like bander bliss to me!!!

Thanks again....you all inspire me everyday!

Don't get me wrong, there is still very much a fat person inside of me. I still overfill my plate at family dinners, order appitizers and a full meal, and look over the dessert menu when we go out. I just eat like a thin person now. LOL, I stop when I am satisfied not stuffed. I was so affraid to have the unfill, and now that I have nothing in my band, I am not scared at all. I thought I was going to run to the office for a refill, but I am actually going to wait another week or so before calling to make the appointment. Today I was able to have half a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of Soup. When I am filled I can't do bread. It's been a nice change to eat smaller portions of the foods I love, without over doing. ~Mandy

Metalband---if you won't tell about the bag of Skor candy bits in my fridge that I sometimes add to my Protein shakes...your M&M secret is safe with me.

Maybe we really need to try the chocolate liquer!!!! I think there is such a thing!!!

Kat