Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Comparing 3 Surgical Centers - CO/NV/NC

Have narrowed my options down to the following -- all are BLIS approved, which is important as I'll be self-pay. I'll also be flying in for the surgery. Has anyone used any of these options and can share their experience?

Western Rockies Surgical Center

http://www.coloradoweightlosssurgery.com/weight-loss-surgery-prices-denver/gastric-sleeve/

Denver, CO

$12,500

Blossom Bariatrics

http://blossombariatrics.com/out-of-town/

Las Vegas, NV

$12,500

Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman

http://www.lnrmcsurgicalweightloss.com/

Mooresville, NC

$13,000

Thanks for your help!

I haven't used any but if I was self pay, I would go with Blossom. I am so impressed with their staff, their information and how their surgeries are performed. They seem to work hard to stay on top of the latest techniques, aftercare and supplements.< /p>

I am not familiar with these places, but follow up care is also important post op. I read so many post by folks who had a good surgical experience but post op when they had questions there wasn't a good support system in place. Alex wrote a post about this earlier this week. Here's the link. Whichever program you choose, I hope all goes well for you.

ETA: Another question to ask regarding follow up care is, "Who will you see for follow up care?" I've come across a few post of people who were surprised that they weren't seeing their surgeon at their follow up appointments. If that's important to you, find out if that's an option. I saw my surgeon on my initial consult, the day of surgery, and at my 2 week full up post op. The rest of my visits have been with the rest of the baritric team which included his surgical resident, a NP and my nutritionist.

@@Jennifer I am from Columbia, South Carolina and my surgery is scheduled for October 15th with Dr. Heider at Center for weight loss at Lake Norman. Dr. Heider is great to work with and his staff is top notch. I am self-pay also and have found them very easy to deal with and very supportive so far. Worst part is the 2 week liquid pre-op diet. Otherwise, great so far.

Have narrowed my options down to the following -- all are BLIS approved, which is important as I'll be self-pay. I'll also be flying in for the surgery. Has anyone used any of these options and can share their experience?

Western Rockies Surgical Center

http://www.coloradoweightlosssurgery.com/weight-loss-surgery-prices-denver/gastric-sleeve/

Denver, CO

$12,500

Blossom Bariatrics

http://blossombariatrics.com/out-of-town/

Las Vegas, NV

$12,500

Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman

http://www.lnrmcsurgicalweightloss.com/

Mooresville, NC

$13,000

Thanks for your help!

I have never heard of Dr.Tom here in Las Vegas. Have you looked at The Surgical Weightloss Center at Dr. Atkinson and Dr. Soong? I know both Surgeons and they are excellent surgeons. Caring and compassionate with great bedside manners. I am going to them. Keep in mind its not just that amount. You will have to pay the surgeons, hospital, and Anesthesiologist. Unless its all bundled now but normally you pay all of that. If you got a quote from Blossom. .. can I ask whats covered in the $12,500?

I just had surgery on October 15 with Dr. Heider at Centers for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman in NC. I was released from the hospital on Friday. Dr Heider was wonderful. Surgery went great. The staff is wonderful. Each one came by the hospital to check on me before I left and to make sure I understood what I needed to do when discharged. I was also a self/pay and traveled from Columbia, SC. I stayed at a Mariott the night before surgery which the staff helped arrange for me. It was very convenient. I highly recommend the Centers for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman. Dr. Heider even offered for me to stay another night at the hospital if I didn't feel quite comfortable enough to go home the next day (and at no additional costs) but I was ready to go. If I can answer any questions for you, please email me at Williebradley@hotmail.com.

Also everything was bundled at Lake Norman. Price was all inclusive.

I just had surgery on October 15 with Dr. Heider at Centers for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman in NC. I was released from the hospital on Friday. Dr Heider was wonderful. Surgery went great. The staff is wonderful. Each one came by the hospital to check on me before I left and to make sure I understood what I needed to do when discharged. I was also a self/pay and traveled from Columbia, SC. I stayed at a Mariott the night before surgery which the staff helped arrange for me. It was very convenient. I highly recommend the Centers for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman. Dr. Heider even offered for me to stay another night at the hospital if I didn't feel quite comfortable enough to go home the next day (and at no additional costs) but I was ready to go. If I can answer any questions for you, please email me at Williebradley@hotmail.com.

Also everything was bundled at Lake Norman. Price was all inclusive.

I had looked into Dr Heider. What type of leak test does he do? Dr weiss in Lexington does an endoscopy before and after surgery to check for leaks.

Dr. Heider did a test before and after the surgery to check for leaks. Can't eat or even drink Water after surgery until he performs the "leak" test. I would have gone to Lexington but Lake Norman was the better self-pay for me and Heider and staff are wonderful.