Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A year post surgery and I'm binge eating!

Hey guys. I'm fighting a major food battle and felt so down where I needed some support so I found this site and was totally happy to know I'm not alone. It's been a year since my gastric sleeve surgery. I reached my goal weight. I'm very happy with my weight BUT it seems I'm always thinking about food, I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I can't seem to wake up and realize what I'm doing. I keep over eating to the point of throwing up. Its been like this for 5 months. I'm scared I did something to my stomach. Iv been insanely stressed over the 5 months and I tend to eat when stressed. How is it possible that I'm eating this much? I really don't know what to do. It seems that I'm hungry almost every time. How big are your portions one year post op? How do I start fresh on eating right? I can't seem to maintain my weight properly. Any help would be great you guys. Thanks

Hey guys. I'm fighting a major food battle and felt so down where I needed some support so I found this site and was totally happy to know I'm not alone. It's been a year since my gastric sleeve surgery. I reached my goal weight. I'm very happy with my weight BUT it seems I'm always thinking about food, I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I can't seem to wake up and realize what I'm doing. I keep over eating to the point of throwing up. Its been like this for 5 months. I'm scared I did something to my stomach. Iv been insanely stressed over the 5 months and I tend to eat when stressed. How is it possible that I'm eating this much? I really don't know what to do. It seems that I'm hungry almost every time. How big are your portions one year post op? How do I start fresh on eating right? I can't seem to maintain my weight properly. Any help would be great you guys. Thanks

Are you stuck in that "all or nothing" thinking? Being off track can stop at any moment. Get off your own back about it and try to calm down. If I find myself in the scary place you're in I hope someone will give me the following advice:

It's going to be OK. This is a symptom of your need to address the issues that started your dysfunctional relationship with food in the first place. It's time to do that so you can finally move on to other things this is holding you back from. You're worth the time and effort it's going to take to do that. If you think you're not then be selfish and get the help anyway and pay it forward later. For now, it would be a really good idea to write down what you are putting in your mouth every day. You need a couple of people you don't have to be brave for to talk to and be honest with about where you are. No haters or judgers - but someone who will lovingly hold you accountable. That's your lifeline while you consider seeking help from a professional who specialized in addiction to help you root out and banish the underlying causes or this behavior. Also, see your Dr and get a full physical. Excessive hunger may be your body telling you something is wrong or some nutrient is missing that you desperately need. *hugs*

Do you have a councillor you can talk with? You can beat this, its not too late.

Sending you a big hug!

Do you have a councillor you can talk with? You can beat this, its not too late.

Sending you a big hug!

Thanks. I really hope so.I don't have a counceler but I think this site is powerful enough to get through it. Its my relationship with food that's annoying. My feelings controll what I eat most of the times. I'm starting fresh tommorrow. Hopefully I'll get back on track. I also will go for a check up soon.

Are you stuck in that "all or nothing" thinking? Being off track can stop at any moment. Get off your own back about it and try to calm down. If I find myself in the scary place you're in I hope someone will give me the following advice:

It's going to be OK. This is a symptom of your need to address the issues that started your dysfunctional relationship with food in the first place. It's time to do that so you can finally move on to other things this is holding you back from. You're worth the time and effort it's going to take to do that. If you think you're not then be selfish and get the help anyway and pay it forward later. For now, it would be a really good idea to write down what you are putting in your mouth every day. You need a couple of people you don't have to be brave for to talk to and be honest with about where you are. No haters or judgers - but someone who will lovingly hold you accountable. That's your lifeline while you consider seeking help from a professional who specialized in addiction to help you root out and banish the underlying causes or this behavior. Also, see your Dr and get a full physical. Excessive hunger may be your body telling you something is wrong or some nutrient is missing that you desperately need. *hugs*

Thanks for your reply. This is honestly the first time I talk to someone about this and feel much better already. I really do need to do a check up. I think maybe ur right, I might be needing some certain nutrients because I do feel pretty weak at certain times of a week.

Sending you a big hug!

Thanks. I really hope so.I don't have a counceler but I think this site is powerful enough to get through it. Its my relationship with food that's annoying. My feelings controll what I eat most of the times. I'm starting fresh tommorrow. Hopefully I'll get back on track. I also will go for a check up soon.

Getting on track tomorrow is part of that "all or nothing" thinking we get stuck in. I've already messed up today so I might as well keep doing but start fresh and be perfect tomorrow... The first time you don't get it right in your own eyes you end up continuing and plan to start fresh tomorrow...

There is no tomorrow, Sweetheart. We only have the moment we're in to get it right and you can do that now. I'm holding you accountable :-)

Sending you a big hug!

Getting on track tomorrow is part of that "all or nothing" thinking we get stuck in. I've already messed up today so I might as well keep doing but start fresh and be perfect tomorrow... The first time you don't get it right in your own eyes you end up continuing and plan to start fresh tomorrow...

There is no tomorrow, Sweetheart. We only have the moment we're in to get it right and you can do that now. I'm holding you accountable :-)

wow ur right..... That was me. I never realized this until now.

We all share so many common struggles. Nice to have a place to talk about it.

@@joseph737

Hoping all is well with you :-)

@@joseph737

heyyy, so I'm on day 2 now and I'm succeeding now. I resisted all unhealthy foods. I'm just stressed is all. I'm shifting my stress to something else other than eating and it's working. I really appreciate u checking up on me. I feel better

@@joseph737

heyyy, so I'm on day 2 now and I'm succeeding now. I resisted all unhealthy foods. I'm just stressed is all. I'm shifting my stress to something else other than eating and it's working. I really appreciate u checking up on me. I feel better

That great to hear, well done!

I'm so glad. Good job! If I can offer you any support please reach out to me ☺