Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been stalled with no weight loss for over a week. In fact, for the past month the only weight loss I have had is when I take laxatives in order to be regular. Usually I will lose 2 pounds by the next morning. I was so used to loosing 1 lb a day that I guess I got spoiled and took it for granted. I'm very concerned that I may have hit the limit of the weight loss for the surgery. Does anyone have an tips on how to break a stall?

I am assuming that you are getting in all the Protein and fluids you should. (everyone always says that first...) Even then, stalls will happen. Just stay the course and stick to your basics. The weight should start to come off again. Also, have you added in exercise? I was also sleeved in May have have noticed a slow down in weight loss in the last few weeks. I figure it is time to up the exercise level. :)

Good Luck.

I am assuming that you are getting in all the Protein and fluids you should. (everyone always says that first...) Even then, stalls will happen. Just stay the course and stick to your basics. The weight should start to come off again. Also, have you added in exercise? I was also sleeved in May have have noticed a slow down in weight loss in the last few weeks. I figure it is time to up the exercise level. :)

Good Luck.

I'm not sure if I'm getting in all the Protein. Fluids are iffy. However, I don't have any of the signs of dehydration, no cracked lips and no dry hands. Due to my work schedule most of my exercise has to be on the weekends. I run around like a dog on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. In fact, it wasn't uncommon for me to lose 4-5 pounds over a weekend. However, now I lose nothing. I'm really tempted to return to my pre-op liquid diet. However, I'm scared because I experienced nasty side-effects such as constantly feeling like I was going to faint. If there is one good thing about this it is that I have yet to gain any weight.

First off, congratulations on hitting the 1/2 way mark! (I just noticed your ticker...) Your body has lost a lot of weight and now that you are lighter it is going to take more effort to lose those pounds. Before just moving that 100 extra pounds on a daily basis made your body work harder than it it has to now. (That is totally a good thing by the way... :) )

Are you tracking your Protein consumption? I know it isn't that much fun, but the food tracking apps (fitness pal for example) are really helpful to making sure you are getting all your Protein in. I was told protein makes a big difference in your body burning fat versus muscle and not enough protein can cause slower weight loss. I'm not totally sure if that is totally accurate but I am all for following the standards. I get the struggle with fluids, I find it challenging as well. There are days when I get busy at work and realized I haven't gotten any drinks in for most of the day. However, I have found that I just don't feel as well if I don't get the fluids in.

I don't think it would hurt to do a day or so on your pre-op diet to see if you can get things kick-started again, but I wouldn't do it for very long. The biggest thing is to trust your surgeon's plan and stick to it. It is hard to break our mindset of wanting to make this like all our other diets, but remember this is for the long haul, not the quick fix. :) Stalls will happen....

I'm not really tracking anything because I eat so little. Once I got onto regularl food I just stuck to Protein, like meat, cheese and eggs. So I might have an egg and some bacon for Breakfast. A few crackers with Peanut Butter for lunch and then try to eat a normal dinner. Of course I use a kids plate and even then I can't finish it.

Congrats on almost reaching your goal as well! :)

Edited by Proud2BMe

@@Proud2BMe I agree with MzB about using the food tracker if you are not already doing so. For one thing, it will allow you to monitor not only Protein but carbs/fat as well. You have to have the right balance in your diet, not cutting out all fat and all carbs as some would think. Feeling like you are going to faint could come from lack of carbs when your body really needs them. I've hit multiple stalls and when it came down to it, my body was getting used to the routines I was putting on myself. We're creatures of habit and our habits are noticed by our bodies and they adapt very well. How many calories do you consume? This is important so that you are not in starvation mode for too long, which can actually make your body hold on to food and store it as fat.

I know it can be hard to make extra time to get in 5 days a week of exercise, but with just 30 minutes a day, you can really make a difference. Me and my wife just started P90X3 last week, it's just 30 minutes, but a great workout. The muscle groups that are worked is really a full body work out that helps build muscle, burn fat and in such a short amount of time. My advice is, change it up every now and then. Keep track of your food and really analyze the stuff you're putting into your body.

Finally, Stalls happen. Some last longer than others, the way to get out is always trial and error because nothing works the same for everyone. And you might not even use the same trick twice on your next stall! Don't get discouraged! You'll make it through this one! Good luck!

@@Proud2BMe

Okay, the sleeve has done it's job for you. Now it's time you start doing the work.

You HAVE TO TRACK. Calories, protien, carbs, how much Water, etc...this isn't something you can just "wing". You have to put the work in to get the result you desire.

Download the Myfitnesspal app and start utilizing it. At this point, you should be getting at least 900-1000 (because you're a guy) and 70-100 grams of protien. No more than 50 grams of carbs until you are close to goal. You said yourself you have no idea where you were at with either. Time to educate yourself.

This is why they say to expect 60% of excess weight loss with the sleeve. It pretty much does the work for you at first. But after time, you've got to pitch in and know what you're putting into your mouth for the success you desire. And then to keep the weight off. Because I gaurantee someone isn't going to keep it off by "winging it". The sleeve's effectiveness waines over time, and hunger returns. Then what?

I know it's a pain in the ass to do all this tracking and planning. But we have the disease of obesity, and if not treated with a specific plan, we are at VERY high risk for regain.

Good Luck.

I'm at a stall too but I'm only 6 weeks out. I hope it passes soon!