Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How has your life changed?

For those of you who have lost a lot of weight :

What is different about your life?

Currently I am really depressed and despondent, I don't really take good care of myself, I have very little energy and don't care much about doing much. And I think a big part of it is my absolute lifelong struggle with weight and not being able to ever get anywhere.

So, I'm wondering if you have felt an improvement in your self confidence? Are you doing more? Have there been big changes? Do you take more effort with your appearance etc? Do you feel that it has been life changing? I have read all of the NSV's in another thread and I think only those of us who have lived with morbid obesity for so long can understand how important those things are or understand the implications. But I am just wondering just how much your lives have changed or maybe not, with a lot of weight loss? I truly feel at the end of my tether and I am so hopeful that this weight loss surgery / sleeve will make a big difference for me. I am so, so tired of being so fat and trying so hard my whole life!

Its been a ykear and a half since my sleeve operation was done,, I have lost almost almost 90 lbs so far.. I can walk without trying to catch my breath,, walk with out the use of a cane.. my knees feel better.. i have more energy.. I have gone from a size 5x to a large size.. yes i have some hanging skin and bat wings. but i feel much better about my self . I still have a lot more to go, and it hasn't been easy. watching what i eat is a battle sometimes, and if i eat to much i feel like i am going to die. but i am so glad i did it and don't regret it for one second..I feel that the date i had the operation is my new birthday ..

Love that .... new birthday

:D

i am so glad i did it and don't regret it for one second..I feel that the date i had the operation is my new birthday ..

When I first had my operation i also had no energy. In fact I could fall asleep while talking Now that im two yrs out I am dealing with relationship issues. Also the emotional roller coaster has put me on a slipper slope of some regain unfortunately. But luckily I saved all that info that my dr gave me before surgery. I read that all and decided that I had this operation for me I can't allow emotional distress to screw up my outcome. I just wish I was doing this with someone. Because I have no support system. I am always told I took the easy way out. Hearing that makes me cringe. Good luck to everyone who hasn't had their surgery yet just remember you are doing this for you

My life has changed drastically. Now that I am 11 months out I feel amazing. I have lost 78 pounds. 9 pounds until goal of 135. I am more social than I have ever been. I think that was the key for me. Get my butt out there and mingle and meet new friends. Before surgery I was a social person to an extent. But I never felt comfortable in clothing to go out with others that were half my size.

I'm almost 6 months out. I'm just generally a happier person now. I get that comment often from people now how happy and glowing I seem. I also must say my confidence has gone up a ton. I am willing to try new things. I walk around in my house with shorts and sports bra. I am more sociable and enjoy doing things now. I love shopping!! I'm so grateful for my sleeve.

I always thought of myself as the life of the party and a very happy fat person. Now I look back and realize that was the lie I was telling myself because I didn't know any other life. Now that my health is better and I have lost weight, I AM happy. I can go outside with my kids and have fun. I can go on long walks with them. I'm not ashamed for them when I go to school events. I feel prouder on my hubby's arm (who has never said I wasn't perfect even heavy). My clothing style has changed from exclusively black and browns to clothes with all different vibrant colors. Many life changes and many milestones. I wouldn't change this decision for anything in the world! It wasn't always easy like everyone outside of here thinks of WLS. There are many emotional challenges to deal with and therapy helps tremendously. Those of us who have had WLS have walked many miles in your shoes and know your pains. I wish you the best in whatever you choose!

Wanting better life - same here! People always ask me how I feel. I feel amazing. I thought I felt amazing before but nope this is a wonderful feeing.

Wanting better life - same here! People always ask me how I feel. I feel amazing. I thought I felt amazing before but nope this is a wonderful feeing.

I agree totally!