Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first MD appt after seminar...what to expect?

My first appt to meet the MD tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I'm 5'8" and weigh 238lbs, with high bp. My bmi is 36.2. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end of dieting and not being able to lose. I have back pain and chronic plantar fasciitis. I need this surgery and praying there are no hiccups that I can finally find myself again. Thank you all.

My doctor talk to me and i filled out a bunch of paperwork. The doctor asked me questions about what's going on in my body and than made a suggestin for which surgery i should have. At the end i got a folder with all of the pre-opt stuff that had to be done before surgery

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it. I have all the paperwork filled out that asks about my medical history and all the diets I have been on, etc. is there more? I am so scared and nervous. I want this so badly I don't know what I will do if they tell me no.

Waiting to be seen and my heart is about to beat out of my chest. So scared and nervous.

Omg! I'm super excited! Good news is I qualify, but for the first time in my life I have been told not to lose more than 3#. My bp is high, I'm on meds and it was high today even with meds, probably nerves because my pulse was 110. Dr is pushing up my surgeon appt to next month and prescribed me protonix because of my heartburn. I've never been on anything. He would like a scope done because of my heartburn however to let the surgeon know what he's getting in to. He said we can probably schedule this a month earlier too...perhaps October. I'm still so scared because I'm used to all the negatives in my life and do not want to put down my guard only to be disappointed yet again. I am praying all works out and there are no hiccups. All of my Appts are made and waiting on the psych to call and schedule now. Fingers crossed that I too can enjoy this journey ... I am so anxious to be me ❤️. Best of luck to all of you as well and that you too can be free and live normally and enjoy life ????????. We are all champions. ????

You will be just fine yay that's great ????????????????????????????????OMG I am so excited for you I can't wait to go next week ????????????to finally meet my md the best for you and don't allow negative over power u this is your time u got this

Thank you so much, Kathy2208. That means a lot. I can't believe this is happening. Psych spot is already scheduled next week. It seems so surreal that I will finally be free of this weight and start to feel good again. To be able to get up in the morning without pain (can barely walk because of mild chronic plantar fasciitis) and feeling out of breath before my day even begins. My family and I are going on a cruise together this February and the thought of feeling good about myself by then is without words. ????. So you see your MD next week? Have you been to a seminar yet? Do you mind my asking where you are located? Would love a "pal" on here to follow thru our journeys ????

Oh, 1 last thing...the MD gave me a hug at the end of my appt. I am sooooo happy ????????????????????

Thank you so much, Kathy2208. That means a lot. I can't believe this is happening. Psych spot is already scheduled next week. It seems so surreal that I will finally be free of this weight and start to feel good again. To be able to get up in the morning without pain (can barely walk because of mild chronic plantar fasciitis) and feeling out of breath before my day even begins. My family and I are going on a cruise together this February and the thought of feeling good about myself by then is without words. ????. So you see your MD next week? Have you been to a seminar yet? Do you mind my asking where you are located? Would love a "pal" on here to follow thru our journeys ????

Omg I had the same problem with my foot due to my weight it hurts so much I can't wear heals let alone be in my feet too long I know exactly how you feel it's the worst I embarrassed to go to family gathering vacations and take body pictures of myself I want to get this done so fast where are you located ?

OMG Yes we can be pals I would love that I hate to feel as if I'm alone in a fish bowl lol yes if you want we can exchange numbers too ????????????????send me a private message. I'm in New Jersey

Edited by kathy2208

I did go to the seminar but I started with another doctor and after I scheduled the appt they're staff told me they didn't cover my insurance so I went on a hunt and finally found a doctor who can cover my insurance and in the mean time I've seen my doctor for medical necessity did my blood works as well as my daughters being that she has pcos so I know in in for a long process double the appts and double the challenge because it's me and my daughter doing the sleeve

Awesome, Kathy!! I am in Indiana. I would love to share our path and successes along the way! I am a bundle of nerves and the anxiety of this is almost overwhelming. I want to sit back and enjoy the ride, but it's so against my demeanor because when I want something, I want it now lol, and I go get it ????. I pray for the both of us that there are no hiccups and no surprises along the way and all goes well. Have you contacted insurance? What's your wait time for non surgical monitored weight loss?