Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Internal Pulling

Hey All,

so I am 2 weeks post op (sleeve) and I have SEVERE pulling pain/stabbing pain to the left of my belly button, internal pain.

Has anyone else has this?

I cant roll on my side of a night time, I cant sit properly or stand properly. When I stand I feel like I need to curl over in pain.

I have seen the surgeon today who has ordered blood tests to see what is going on but its going to take a week to get the results back.

I am beyond scared about this and truth be told have got regrets about getting it done.

any help would be great.

Sounds like healing process of the large incision.

Try using a heating pad for the pain.

I really hope its healing, but where the pain is nowhere near the incision cuts :/

all I am doing is hoping and try not to panic :(

Hey All,

so I am 2 weeks post op (sleeve) and I have SEVERE pulling pain/stabbing pain to the left of my belly button, internal pain.

Has anyone else has this?

I cant roll on my side of a night time, I cant sit properly or stand properly. When I stand I feel like I need to curl over in pain.

I have seen the surgeon today who has ordered blood tests to see what is going on but its going to take a week to get the results back.

I am beyond scared about this and truth be told have got regrets about getting it done.

any help would be great.

Hi, I experienced something similar with pulling but not stabbing pain to the left of my belly button area. It was not at my incision site. This also happened in my second week. It did get better for me after a couple of weeks, but I did go to the surgeon and made them check me out, just in case. My anxiety got the better of me.

Are you taking pain medication? I did and it was very helpful. I found sleeping in an elevated position (head at an angle) helped too.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some answers soon and feel better! By the way, can they not expedite blood work? A week seems like a long time to me.

Thanks no onions.

I have been sleeping in the relincer chair of a night time but man this pain is awful !!

the surgeon gave me a script for endone tablets for a week, I cant get in to see him till Monday which is why its going to take so long to get the results :(

I really hope its healing, but where the pain is nowhere near the incision cuts :/

all I am doing is hoping and try not to panic :(

It can be below or somewhere off to the side of the incision is my understanding.

My NP explained that there is blood pooling (among other things) as part of the healing process and that can cause the burning and pain.

Definitely don't panic. If your doc was very worried he wouldn't have ordered tests that take a week to come back.

Have you tried the heating pad? It really was the only thing that worked for me, and it worked very well!

Hello, is there any update on what it was? I am a little over 2 weeks out and having the same pulling/stabbing feeling about 2 inches or so to the left of my belly button. VERY painful, but its not constant pain. If i just basically stay still Im ok. I called in to the nurse and she is trying to tell me its Constipation, and has me on 3 days of Clear Liquids, taking double doses of milk of magnesia every 12hrs, but its not doing anything fo the pain (probably because I know its not constipation but she INSISTED it most likely was even after describing in detail the pain). What you described sounds so much like what im feeling so if you have any insight I would be so grateful, especially since im supposed to stick with this plan til sunday (tomorrow) and call her monday if it didnt help :-(

Totally late to this, I know, but the post op pain can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks....my doctor made me repeat it twice lol

it actually turned out to be an extra stitch my doctor does deep into the muscle tissue. it hurt for about 6 days but much better now. supposedly i am going to feel that stitch pop at around 4 weeks (but not supposed to hurt).

My husband had the same thing when he had rny. We could actually see a dent in his skin on the right side below his ribcage. The pain subsided and the debt went away with weight loss.

I'm going through this exact type of pain for the last 2 days. It's very painful and I'm fairly miserable. Glad to read that it may soon calm down. I was about to panic. So glad I found this thread. I'm 2 weeks post op as of today.

I'm still in agony with this pain in my side. When will it let up? Tuesday makes a full week since it started. I talked to the NP and she thought i may have damaged some scar tissue that's been forming in there. It hurts deep in my abdomen. Doubling over, stooped walking type of pain. Any one else going through this?

I'm 2 weeks post op today and I'm having some sharpish pain to the left of my belly button, since it's definitely not incision pain it worries me too! It's not crippling but just more bothersome. Any other ideas of what it could be? It feels really "deep" if that makes sense. I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow, I'll make sure to post what he says!

I'm 2 weeks post op today and I'm having some sharpish pain to the left of my belly button, since it's definitely not incision pain it worries me too! It's not crippling but just more bothersome. Any other ideas of what it could be? It feels really "deep" if that makes sense. I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow, I'll make sure to post what he says!

My husband had the same thing when he had rny. We could actually see a dent in his skin on the right side below his ribcage. The pain subsided and the debt went away with weight loss. It was an internal stitch.

My doctor called back and said that I most likely pulled a muscle (which makes sense after having to be on the ground and on all fours for an active shooter drill at my school on Wednesday and then carrying my baby cousin around that night- who knew she weighed 15 lbs now?!)

He prescribed me some pain Patches, I wore one today for 12 hours and it really really helped. I'm curious on how it will feel tonight. Anyone else still dealing with the pulling?