Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Sleever Needing Advice

Hi there. I was sleeved on June 25 and to be honest it was a rough start. I had no pain, just a little discomfort, but the nausea was a killer. At my 7day check up I was so weak that I was sent to the hospital for IV fluids. It was amazing how the nausea went away and I perked up. I'm still struggling with getting my fluids and Protein in. My taste and smells are super heightened since surgery so the Protein Shakes I used to like I'm now watering down and pouring over ice to just tolerate them. I'm now in the puréed stage and wondering if anyone has experimented with adding Protein Powder to nutibullet smoothies or have some protein smoothie recipes to share. Also does anyone have an opinion on the nectar protein powder? Are they really similar to crystal light taste? Sorry for the long post and if this is in the wrong forum.

I liked the nectar Roadside Lemonade and the lemon tea. My bariatric pantry sells a sample pack and you can choose the 10 flavors you want to try. I also liked the Cappuccino and LOVE Peanut Butter cookie, which I mix with skim milk. Post surgery I've also switched to the Blender Bottle. The ninja put too much air for me, and it took forever to get one shake down.

Edited by desertgirl_74

If you are looking for fruity Protein Drinks you also might want to try the ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates. They have several flavors and you can eat them over ice, dilute them with Water for and/or add them to Protein Shakes.< /p>

I also poured my Protein shakes over ice. I have struggled with my Water as well. But I think I am doing better. My daily while in your phase....

Wake up and sip until I get a bottle of Water (16 oz). Takes me about an hour. I also take any meds and supplements during this time.

My NUT suggested drinking an herbal tea with honey in the morning helps the stomach tolerate food better throughout the day.

About 30 mins after tea, have a Protein shake. I use GNC total lean (25 gr of protein).

Wait another 30 mins or so and sip, sip, sip until another bottle is finished.

lunch I would purée a creamed Soup or my choice or butter Beans. I could manage to get in 1 cup over about 45 mins.

Drink 1/2 an Isopure Protein water (10 oz) over ice. To me it taste like SF koolaid and has 20 gr of protein.

Have another 1/2 cup puréed Soup or Beans.

Another 1/2 Isopure protein water. Also these get to count toward your daily liquid.

Sip bottle of water... About an hour

Another 1/2 cup puréed soup or beans.

Sip bottle of water and have s SF Popsicle

With this you have over 65 gr of protein and close to 80 oz water.

If you will choose Soups high in calories it will help increase your calorie intake and makes you feel better.

Gets super BORING but just reset your perception about it. This is temporary and it is helping you to heal. ITS ONLY TEMPORARY!!

[quote name=

Thank you so much for posting this!

I have a question for you. Let's say 3days post op, will I be able to intake that much Water 64-80oz do you think?

Is it all depend on how much I'm able to tolerate?

I was not able to get in that much on day three. But my situation was different also. I was in the hospital for two nights and a recovery house for one night. I didn't really start anything on my own until four. I started out with 1/2 bottle of Water in the morning. My issue was that I was not sipping all day long and I let myself get dehydrated. I will also say that I felt constantly full once I started truly sipping.