Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

hiccups

Views
Started by Banded Bob, Jun 27, 2007 12:01 PM
12 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

12 replies to this topic

Banded Bob

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted June 27, 2007 - 12:01 PM

I get the hiccups ALOT, especially while eating. and I HATE the hiccups. does anyone else experience this?

travelgirl

back on track

Posted June 27, 2007 - 12:06 PM

I have them right now as a matter of fact. I get them all the time. Usually just 3 or 4 at a time, but several times a day!

They were super painful right after being banded, but now it's just an annoyance. I kind of got used to it. I hiccup often enough that my 10yo nephew commented one day, "You sure hiccup alot!" LOL! I just said, YEP!

juliegeraci

• My Blogs
Posted June 27, 2007 - 1:34 PM

Yes, hiccups are very common. If you are getting them when you eat it is a sign that you are near full. Its a restriction sign so don't overdue it.

juno610

bandster at last!

• Surgeon: Kevin Krause
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2007
  • Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 74 lbs
  • Current Weight: 201 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 170 lbs
  • BMI: 34.5
  • My Blogs
Posted June 27, 2007 - 10:35 PM

I second Julie's comment. Three or four big hiccups are a big stop sign for me. As soon as they hit, I am done eating. I would say I get them a few times a week.

WASaBubbleButt

• My Blogs
Posted June 29, 2007 - 12:00 PM

Sounds like a soft stop to me. I hiccup once and I KNOW to stop eating or else.

Your body is telling you something, it's a good idea to pay attention. :eek:

ibarra561

Posted July 5, 2007 - 6:05 PM

It happens when you eat more than what your capacity. It is due to expansion of the upper part of the stomach

cosean

Posted July 5, 2007 - 6:20 PM

I get them if I try to eat too much. I wish I only got 3 or 4 at a time. Usually they are painful and last 1/2 hour at least. I could get them some times after just eating 2 small bites of fish. I dread the hiccups and sometimes resort to more fattening liquidy foods just to avoid them. I think I need a slight unfill.

Keluliana

Posted July 5, 2007 - 7:08 PM

I got the hiccups every time I stood up or sat down for the first month after being banded, but now (2 months later) it's only when I overeat. It was unbelievably annoying at first, the only thing that made me actually doubt my decision, but they finally do pass.

DeniseG

Posted July 9, 2007 - 6:07 PM

Usually when I have hiccups it's because as Julie said I have hit my stopping point. When I have hiccups it is usually accompanied by needing to do a small throw up...as it brings food back up. Very painful. I try to avoid situations that cause hiccups.

Jachut

Banded Down Under

Posted July 9, 2007 - 10:07 PM

Hiccups is my version of a PB. I only ever get them when I"ve overdone it or am trying to eat something extra difficult. I've just had them this minute, from trying to eat sushi for lunch. Obviously since my last fill I cant eat sushi anymore, must make a mental note of that.

I get a horrid blocked feeling, think "this is going to come up", slime a bit and then have several ENORMOUS hiccups and then it passes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Apr 18
    cheryl2586

Stop rehearsing lifes failures. Use your imagination to visulize success!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Trending Topics