Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery June 8th, would love to chat with people around the same position as I. How's it been going for you? What foods can you eat so far? Are you in any pain still? Have you actually felt 'hungry' yet?

I was sleeved June 8th too. I have had some hunger the last couple of days. I eat mostly Soups and the only Protein I can get down is Atkins shakes. In a pinch I can stomach several ounces of nectar fruit punch Protein but the after taste is killing me. Luckily I'm off for the summer so I have not been doing much. Just bingeing on Netflix and the occasional walk. Oh I also have had cream of wheat with honey and some PB2 powder. That's pretty much it aside from sugar free Popsicles. No pain haven't even opened my pain meds. I have had a few moments I felt dizzy but I hadn't eaten in several hours. A shake perked me right up. I'm rambling now hope this makes sense.

How's your process been?

I had bypass on June 4. Finally get to eat mushy foods tomorrow and I cannot wait! Up to now, pain is manageable but I have absolutely used my pain meds. Of course, I passed 2 kidney stones the first week so that was part of the pain. I did actually feel hunger on Day 6 and 7 (I think) but it wasn't terrible and shakes or SF popsicle take it away.

Rough day today emotionally, but feeling better now. I think I am just anxious about eating tomorrow and the potential of getting sick.

How are you doing?

I've had some minor pain, nothing too unmanageable but I'm off pain meds now. I still get a little sore when I first start eating something. I started pureed food Monday. I've been able to do yogurt, canned chicken and refried Beans, that's about it. The Atkins Protein shakes aren't so bad either. I've been having a little trouble getting my Water in. I've been watching to clock and a half hr done eating starting to sip but I still feel like im not getting enough, so I feel like I need to try pushing that more. Has that been a problem for anyone else? I haven't got sick yet, I've also been nervous about that. I haven't felt it yet but I'm worried for if it comes.

Emotionally it's been tough. I just went back to work wednesday, so being in a routine has helped a little but I've been pretty overwhelmed. And watching people eat things I can't have has been so hard. I don't even want anything unhealthy, I want to eat grilled chicken and some wild rice. I want to sit at the dinner table with people and feel like im actually eating more than babyfood. I know that will get easier once we can eat normal foods, but in the meantime it's been difficult.

Hi, my surgery date was June 8 also! Been drinking my Protein Shakes and eating vegetable Soup, chewing like crazy the green (although they are very soft) as well as the tiny pieces of beef in it (homemade soup) and living the broth, so tasty! I've also had scrambled eggs mixed with milk, chicken in the blender (with salsa). Cream of chicken soup. Diluted juice and getting 1000ml of Water. Tummy is still a little sore but the incisions look great. Been taking walks and watching lots of TV and crocheting.

I just had my first real food. I woke up hungry this morning for some reason and today was the day to start mushy foods. I had 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) of fat free refried Beans with 1 tsp of cheese. I took 20 minutes to eat it and no problems with it going down, but I am certainly not full. :( And at only 6 g Protein I will definitely have to have a shake next - waiting 30 minutes of course. This is going to be hard... I was hoping to be full. Maybe I will try 6 Tbsp (1/3 cup) at lunch and see how that goes.

@@scarletwitch19 - I go back to work on Monday and like you will be glad to be back in a routine but it will be very weird to be around people with food. (I live alone so haven't had to deal with that yet.) We already got an email about a holiday party on July 2 with BBQ and I am already dreading what I will eat and what I will say when I can't eat, etc. One day at a time, right?

I've been doing a lot of refried Beans too. I mixed it with some canned chicken and a tbsp of Salsa. That's been pretty good and around 1/3 cup fills me. To up your Protein maybe you could mix some Protein Powder into the Beans? I also mixed some scrambled egg in with beans too. Doesn't look too appetizing but at least ups the Protein a little.

Being around people is tough. I have a graduation party tomorrow which I know will have tons of food, I'm not looking forward to it at all. Maybe by July 2nd you can have some soft Proteins at the bbq, like chicken?

Hang in there. Everyone I've spoken with says the first 6-8wks is the worst. We can make it! :)

Ok, now I had my 2nd meal - Shelly's Ricotta Bake.http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html - O. M. G. If you have not tried this yet, please do. It is basically lasagna without noodles - just a bunch of cheese and marinara sauce. I used all light versions of stuff (i.e. light ricotta, egg whites, etc.) but it was really good and I'm not even a huge fan of Italian food. But when I can finally tolerate it, I am going to try this with spaghetti squash or zuchinni or eggplant.

I was only about to eat about 3 tbsp. before I had that full feeling. Well, I am not sure that is exactly what it was. Wasn't a stomach full like was expecting anyway. I just ate tiny bites really slowly and then I felt it sort of tight in my mid-chest behind my sternum. I confess I probably took 2 additional bites after that but finally realized it was worth putting down before it made me sick. I SO want to avoid that but it was hard to put that spoon down. Now I am really starting to understand why the smaller stomach / pouch will help me lose weight. :)

Refried Beans haven't hurt me and that was almost 6 hours ago, so hopefully I am good there. Hoping this one stays down as well.

PS - I go back to work Monday. Just didn't want everyone to think I would be posting my every bite! That could be annoying. ;-)

I had RNY June 1st. I'm eating the usual eggs, refried Beans but yesterday I had cheese tortellini! Could only eat three of the little boogers but they were so good! I haven't figured out what full feels like until its to late and I feel like I've been kicked in the chest so I just stop with 3-6 bites. That's an awful feeling! Still a little sore on the left side and have a big dip in my stomach under my left incision, anybody else? I can't seem to get enough Water In! It's hard to get a bunch of Water down when you can't drink with or after meals and you can't drink in your sleep and if I drink to much to fast I get nauseated. I'm like the rest of you, I just want a normal life again, normal routine! I lost twenty pounds the first two weeks and then this week just 0.7 Very disappointed and wish I knew what to do to turn it around and get to loosing again. This is to hard to not loose more than that! I'm drinking 60gms of Protein a day (22oz). What should I do?

Anybody know how to set us up as a group on this site? June bypass buddies?

I've heard of that bake from a few people, I think I better give it a try!!!

Today ended up being kinda rough for me. I had some yogurt this morning, same as I've done the past few days, and something didn't agree with me at all. I was in the bathroom sick 15 minutes later. I don't know what caused it. I was able to eat some refried Beans since, but it's gotten me a little nervous trying anything new. Has anyone been having any issues getting sick? What foods did you try that caused it?

The hardest thing I've found is finding my "full". It took a few days on pureed foods but now I know and I'm not overeating. That extra bite or two can be awful. I had a couple times this week with terrible pain from eating a bite too many. Trial and error sucks, but I learned quick when to stop and to slow down alot more.

Despite being I'll earlier today's a better day. I was able to get alot more Water down today than I have. I think I'll be able to get 6 cups in today.

Everyone I know has told me around week 2-4 there is a little slump. You're not doing anything wrong. Try to stay away from the scale. My goal is to only check once a week, but I might try to check less than that.

Don't get discouraged!! We're all coming up on that slump soon! Our bodies are still healing and trying to figure out what's going on. It might take them a few days. :)

I know what you mean about the one bite that pushes you over the full level and it hurts! Wish I knew what "full" felt like before I get to that point! I've heard of a few people becoming lactose intolerant, could that be your problem with the yogurt? Any other dairy give you a problem since the yogurt incidence?

I've done Protein Shakes with milk a couple times this week, but I haven't tried any dairy since the yogurt. I'll have to keep that in mind

@@sparksrn - The only way I have been getting my fluids in is by setting an alarm on my phone to beep at me every 5 minutes to remind me to take a sip. I found an app that reminds me every 15 minutes (and let's me track Fluid intake) in case I have to turn my alarm off for some reason. Including my Protein shakes, I am getting right at 60-64 oz Fluid. Today since I had food, I have only had 1 Protein Drink so less fluid today but I have gotten 48 oz so far including a 12 oz shake. You might try something like that to remind you.