Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Living on Positivity Street

Hello Fellow Sleevers,

It's been a while since I have been active on the website and it's really good to be here :-) Life is progressing well even though I've had a few stressful moments (like the possibility of job redundancy - which didn't happen this time!) I have stayed positive, calm and faithful to my Higher Power in the knowledge that these will get me through anything and food won't!!!

Of course, losing weight and being in less discomfort and pain has had a massive impact on my life; I have the energy to walk at least 10,000 steps every day, I Zumba, swim, use the gym and am starting to feel ready to start running. Most days I want to jump for joy at how good I feel and this is what I call living on Positivity Street.

Taking care of myself means looking after number 1 and so my new address is: 1, Positivity Street.

It also means I'm finding neighbours who live on the same street mentally/emotionally because this is my new location having moved out of Depression Drive. Sadly, I have said sad goodbyes to those who still live there but I hope they will move to the sunny side of town someday soon. I haven't turned my back on the loved ones who see life with a dark cloud over them, but in order to keep progressing in health and life, I have to move on and be with those who are in the same space as myself, because it is these people (many of whom are on this site) who will keep me motivated and inspired. It is important to be optimistic, focussed, courageous and determined. It is these things which keep us kind as human beings because we can support others positively as they move forward as well.

Yes, I have let go of some people because I choose not to indulge in negative behaviours like gossiping and bitching, seeing the world as doomed etc. To me the world is just opening up because I have chosen to come out and see it. Walking has given me the opportunity to see nature, colours and even in the city where I live I've come to appreciate the beauty of the Thames and all the wonderful London architecture and art which surrounds me.

I am no longer afraid to live in world: it's still a great place and number 1 Positivity Street offers a fantastic view of it!

What a wonderful post and kudo's to you for your success!! I am 9 days post-op and hope to be where you are very soon! Thank you for your post!

@@ShrinkingPeach

Thank you and I wish you every success on your journey: it's going to be fantastic!!

A lovely inspirational testimony to your continued success. You are prime example of what is awaiting all of us in our respective journeys. I wish you much health and happiness!

Love your philosophy and new address. I'm one of your new neighbors and love living here :) sleeved 3 days ago.

I wish I had someone like you in my life. Everyone says, "Surround yourself with positive people." Where are those people? How do I find them? Besides my mom and kids, I don't have anyone to encourage me and push me. You are very inspirational, and I am enjoying my journey to positive place.

@@The Candidate

Thank you so much - the journey continues and still so much to learn. But I am really happy to be in this place right now and it's the mutual support on this website that has been a key factor to where I am currently at. Good luck with your journey of success!

@@NoMoreWeightNJ

Welcome to the neighbourhood! Happy to have you here and I look forward to seeing your success story unfold.

@@need change

I am already in your life as are the many fellow-sleevers here on this website. You are NOT alone. You can receive so much support here and you have already drawn us into your life just by joining the site! This is exactly how affirmative action for ourselves works.

Most importantly, live every day as joyfully as you can and Celebrate each step forward no matter how small it may seem.

Please feel free to add me as a friend or PM me and welcome to Positivity Street! :)