Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG in Tijuana on May 16, 205

I had the VSG in Tijuana on May 16 with Dr. Salvador Ramirez. I recovered at the Vida boutique and it was all arranged through TINY (The Incredible New You). The entire experience was incredible. Nurses were fantastic, anesthesiologist was amazing, I can't say enough about the care and support I received.

My only annoyance is I am 5 days post-op and am 2 pounds heavier than I was the day of surgery. I have been losing a little every day, but still it's frustrating. Anyone else GAIN weight?

Very pleased to be down to 190.9 lbs this morning. Still on Clear Liquids which isn't much fun, but only today and tomorrow left, and then I'll move to full liquids. Can't wait for my first Protein shake!

Feeling VERY depressed today. Anyone else have this issue? I hope it's a physical thing.

It's okay must be the drugs! I feel good now! Also down about 5 pounds so that's nice.

I was also sleeved in TJ this month. i'm only a few days out an agree about the experience being great. You are probably still swollen or holding Fluid. That's what I see as well. Perhaps you should hold off weighing yourself for a week or so. Stay positive. :)

Glad to hear you're doing well too! I'm happy because I'm

188.1 today so have definitely lost! Today is the first day of full liquids. I have to admit I was pretty happy and used to clear. But I'll throw it three Premier Protein shakes a day for the next week.

Hey girl! Lets be in touch, it looks like we have similar stats. How's it going? I am 4 weeks and two days out. I've been out of town so I haven't seen a scale in nearly a week. I will update my tracker when I do. Tell me how you're feeling? Me, I am on the fence. I still am having a hard time with finding other things to do besides eat, it was such a huge part of what I did and thought about. As a Mexico sleever I didn't get much information about post care, but I feel like my Dr. felt like your body will tell you what it can and cannot handle. Im interested to see how your thinking evolves in the coming weeks What was your BMI when you had surgery? Did you beef up for surgery? I had food funerals for months. Anyhow I look forward to hearing from you.

OMG you are soooo funny! BMI was 31 going into surgery I think. Highest weight was 198. Preop diet got me down to 193.5. I'm 9 days post-op and down to 186. I hate eating! I just tried blended creamy Soup and hated it. I like drinking light lemonade and Premier Protein. Water too of course. I actually water down the lemonade also. I'm losing weight quickly right now but know I'll stalk or slow down soon enough so just trying to enjoy this without being too arrogant!!!

Stall not stalk.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches