Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a short girl, with the legs of a dwarf but the torso of a lumberjack. Now my upper belly skin is melting and I have a sad, wilty muffin top even when I'm naked. Actually, it's less of a muffin and more of a failed souffle'.

I've been playing with Shapewear, but now that it's getting warmer I'd like to reduce one of the layers and go with a longline bra. The problem? All the ones I've tried fit funny. It's like the torso is too short, so they either stop before my upper belly is all tucked in, or my boobs come out the top. I've tried pretty much all the ones available at Woman Within and tried a few on in places like Kohl's, but no luck yet.

Anyone know where I can find an extra long-waisted longline bra?

Have you tried the under-the-bra shaper tanks? They let you wear your own bra, but smooth out the belly and back areas. They don't create a second layer over your bra. I have never tried the longline bras.... the cups always look odd on the ones I have seen, sort of conical or pointy shaped.

Maybe there is a pretty and flattering one out there that someone has discovered and can recommend! Have you looked on Amazon? They always have such a huge variety, it might be worth doing a search there.

Thanks! I haven't tried the ones that fit under the bra yet - it's worth a shot though! I'd hoped to be able to go without one but that's a big negatory so far :D

Another idea might be a body suit, with bra built in. Then you don't have to worry about rise-up. Having the snaps/hook-and-eye crotch is nice for convenience. Again, check Amazon, and also QVC. Let us know how you fare!

Oh I am dreading a hot summer wearing my body shaper. I'm currently looking for an affordable sports bra since I just joined a gym.

Look for a lingerie shop with bra fitters. Yes...the bras are expensive, but they will help you find what looks best on you. My breasts are just shriveled lumps of flesh at this point and I needed help desperately. I was fitted with a style and size I never tried before and at least with clothes on, My breasts are where they belong and with a nice shape not just in the bust but the whole chest and waist area as well.

I'm a fan of Cacique at Lane Bryant. Ask for an associate experienced in bra fitting. I've lost enough inches that I had to down size my bra recently by one size. The girls are happy once again. Because the balconette style gives me good support, I don't feel the need for a sports bra for the gym; besides those things hurt my shoulders because of the way the straps lay across the neck/shoulder muscles.

I'm a fan of Cacique at Lane Bryant. Ask for an associate experienced in bra fitting. I've lost enough inches that I had to down size my bra recently by one size. The girls are happy once again. Because the balconette style gives me good support, I don't feel the need for a sports bra for the gym; besides those things hurt my shoulders because of the way the straps lay across the neck/shoulder muscles.

I've actually been wearing Cacique for about 9 months, and since I don't jump around a lot at the gym, I haven't had a problem. Maybe I'll just skip the sports bra.

@@JustWatchMe, I found a sports bra at Old Navy that I'm totally in love with. I keep scanning to see when they'll bring them back, they haven't had them the last few times I went in, but they're sturdy and there's a lot happening in the back. Bonus, it was less than $15!

As for the gut-reducing Bra Of Substance, well, the search is still in progress :)

Editing to add: Why, for the love of all that's good in the world, do sports bras come with removable pads? They're pretty much guaranteed to be rolled in a ball and both stuffed in one cup by the time they're clean and dry.

@MrsSugarbabe I love the Cacique balconette bras! I love the shape and support. Best bras I have found, been wearing them for years.

I totally love the shapers that are cut around your bra. So great. And torrids balconette bra is fab. Makes the girls look great

@@JustWatchMe, They're pretty much guaranteed to be rolled in a ball and both stuffed in one cup by the time they're clean and dry.

Truth ????

@@liannatx - I've been wearing Cacique bras for years, too, but it was only recently I had to switch to the balconette because the back smoother bra was no longer available. :( I really loved that bra! It never fails, though, when you find something you really love, it's eventually discontinued, i.e. make-up, lipstick color, nail color, BRA.......

Not to go too far off topic ladies, but do you find the compression from the material used in Spanx too restrictive. I'm thinking of getting Spanx for men compression shirts and am concerned that the material will be too irritating on my moobs. From the rants forums, you ladies say you don't mind guys posting here and from the overwhelming number of ladies I'm sure I'll get a constructive response regarding Spanx. Janeane Garofalo use to sing their praises.