Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve surgery this Thursday 7 th May

I can't believe what an emotional roller coaster this past week has been . I am really excited about the thought of taking control back , having better mobility , being healthier living the life I want but I have to be honest and say I am also really quite frightened about the operation . I've been a nightmare I am sure to live with this past few days irrational to say the least and tearful for no apparent reason - is this normal ?

I have chosen to only tell a few people about my surgery until it's over as I don't want to feel judged or worse for my family to try and talk me out of having the op. I know it would be solely out of their concern for me whilst I'm under anisthetic but the long term health benefits completely out weigh the short term concerns for surgery in my mind . I'm just not sure if they would in theirs .

Can someone please tell me if they also experienced such huge emotional mood swings ?

Just want t make sure I'm normal ????

Allie

I kind of feel the same way. I didn't tell a lot of people and my surgery is Wednesday the 6th. I think it's us and our fears and emotions wanting us to succeed. this is a big deal.

Definitely huge yes . I've never had any type of surgery before so it seems an even bigger thing . How are you feeling about Wednesday ? Do you feel ready ?

This was my first surgery and the anticipation was the hardest part. The actual surgery was the easiest part. Chances are quite good that you will be just fine. See you on the other side!

Thanks Innersurfer girl for the message I'm sure most people are anxious before any surgery . I'm focusing on all the positives that will come from it

I kind of feel the same way. I didn't tell a lot of people and my surgery is Wednesday the 6th. I think it's us and our fears and emotions wanting us to succeed. this is a big deal.

I am also on Wednesday and I have been freaking out all day in my mind.so I have been trying to stay busy and tonight my husband broke down and said he doesn't want me to do it. He is really scared something is going to go wrong. I am trying to be strong and keep my mind straight but all the what ifs are taking over. I hope I can go through with this. It broke my heart to see him so upset over it.

You will all be fine, they have perfected this surgery. If you are in good health other than being

over weight you will be in and out before you know it. The hardest part is getting out of bed after

the surgery but that too shall pass. You will feel so much better when that weight comes off.

Thanks all for your messages of support and new beginning I understand your husbands reaction but keep focusing on all the reasons why you decided to have the op in the first place . That's where I'm trying to keep my thoughts right now . All the best let me know how you get on just think your op will all be over when I go in for mine on Thursday

Thanks all for your messages of support and new beginning I understand your husbands reaction but keep focusing on all the reasons why you decided to have the op in the first place . That's where I'm trying to keep my thoughts right now . All the best let me know how you get on just think your op will all be over when I go in for mine on Thursday

thank you im trying to keep my focus.good luck to u

Hi NewBeginning

How did it all go ? Hope you're feeling well now after surgery and things all went well ?

Hi NewBeginning

How did it all go ? Hope you're feeling well now after surgery and things all went well ?

Hi I am actually doing really good way better than I expected. It has been an easy recovery so far not too much pain no nausea except at the hospital. I Have been walking alot and today I feel almost normal. I did light light housework and even cooked dinner tonight and it didn't bother me . I been having a hard time getting fluids in it feels like I drink all day n still not a big amount but today i started full liquid so i have been able to get more down. Everyday i can take bigger sips and take in a little more. Just hang in there you will be great.it is a rough few days but it really does get better. When is your date

Hi NewBeginning

Hi I am actually doing really good way better than I expected. It has been an easy recovery so far not too much pain no nausea except at the hospital. I Have been walking alot and today I feel almost normal. I did light light housework and even cooked dinner tonight and it didn't bother me . I been having a hard time getting fluids in it feels like I drink all day n still not a big amount but today i started full liquid so i have been able to get more down. Everyday i can take bigger sips and take in a little more. Just hang in there you will be great.it is a rough few days but it really does get better. When is your date
sorry i just remembered yours was Thursday how are you feeling