Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on 4/27/15

Had my surgery on 4/27/15. Everything went well with the procedure, but I am having a lot of pain. I was suppose to go home the next day on 4/28/15, however due to the pain I've been asking to stay longer. The nurses keep saying I'm experiencing gas pain, which is common. However it's pain from my incision's along with the gas. After 3 days my doctor finally increased my medication dosage. Prayerfully the pain subsides dramatically for me to feel comfortable going home.

Has anyone else experience extensive pain and had to stay at the hospital 2-3 extra days? I'm feel like the only one still at the hospital, when my procedure was on Monday ????. Things like coughing, sneezing and being able to wipe myself have been painful. I still need nurse assistance to go the the bathroom because of the pain. Praying thing will get better like today. ????????

@@banksdea

Hi! I had my sleeve on Monday, too. I definitely am having pain around the biggest incision and inside the area. I was able to go home same day and I think what made that possible was tht they gave me local anesthesia around all the incisions and they said it would last 2-3 days. Coughing, sneezing, wiping, bending down to pick something up from the floor, getting in/out of bed, standing up or sitting back down- all of those things--are painful to me, too. Once I'm up and walking, that helps get the gas out. I hope things do get better for you today and that each day gets better and better for both of us!!!

I know what your talking about. The gas gives the feeling that it's pulling at the incisions for me. I didn't stay longer in the hospital, but am taking pain meds Tylenol 3 around the clock. I'm managing on my own, but it does hurt.

@@dhrguru

It's been a few days now, just wondering how you're doing now...

Hey,

The pain has subsided tremendously and my feet have stopped swelling. My doctor said feet swelling can be somewhat normal after surgery although it varies on the individual. I have been walking more and keeping my feet elevated at night. I'm trying to make sure I get all my Protein and daily Vitamins in because I started to feel weak and achy as if my bones are becoming frail or something ????. My first post op appointment with my Doctor is this Friday.

@@dhrguru

It's been a few days now, just wondering how you're doing now...

Thanks for checking on me. I'm doing well, I drove for the first time today. (Ugh... Potholes!) and went to the market too. I even did the dishes.

The only pain I have comes and goes depending on movement/positioning. I advanced to full liquids today. I've never been so happy to have dairy! It also gives me more options to get my Protein.

I'm drinking fine, still no nausea or vomiting. I do my last lovenox injection today (yes)!! Life is heading towards normal!

I hope you're well!

I'm still in pain like thriving and burning left side dr says normal idk I might go into hospital this weekend if not any better. Sleeved 4/22

Hi. I was sleeved 4/27 as well. I returned to work Monday & am still having a lot of pain on my biggest incision by belly button. Does anyone know how long this lasts??

my doctor finally increased my medication dosage. Prayerfully the pain subsides dramatically for me to feel comfortable going home.

Has anyone else experience extensive pain and had to stay at the hospital 2-3 extra days? I'm feel like the only one still at the hospital, when my procedure was on Monday . Things like coughing, sneezing and being able to wipe myself have been painful. I still need nurse assistance to go the the bathroom because of the pain. Praying thing will get better like today.

Had my surgery on 4/27/15. Everything went well with the procedure, but I am having a lot of pain. I was suppose to go home the next day on 4/28/15, however due to the pain I've been asking to stay longer. The nurses keep saying I'm experiencing gas pain, which is common. However it's pain from my incision's along with the gas. After 3 days my doctor finally increased my medication dosage. Prayerfully the pain subsides dramatically for me to feel comfortable going home.

Has anyone else experience extensive pain and had to stay at the hospital 2-3 extra days? I'm feel like the only one still at the hospital, when my procedure was on Monday . Things like coughing, sneezing and being able to wipe myself have been painful. I still need nurse assistance to go the the bathroom because of the pain. Praying thing will get better like today.

No I brought gas meds with me. I think the surgeon took the gas back out, I had no pain. Hope u feel better I am Cheryl Sommer and I am 2 months out find me on Facebook we will talk

Hang in there you may feel low on energy for a few months

quote]No I brought gas meds with me. I think the surgeon took the gas back out, I had no pain. Hope u feel better I am Cheryl Sommer and I am 2 months out find me on Facebook we will talk

Hang in there you may feel low on energy for a few months

Thanks Cheryl, it's gd to know these experiences are shared by some!

Edited by kgfergie