Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bumped my date up from May 21 to May 12 in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez. My nerves are really starting to get to me and has me second guessing everything. Is this typical? I want to procedure and I'm confident in the doctor that I've chosen but I can't help but be nervous..

I think it's natural to be nervous. If you are confident in your decision to have the surgery and your choice of surgeon, then try to focus on things you can do to prepare for your trip and your pre-op diet. Just try to keep your mind occupied.

I went through the same thing about 2 weeks ago but now that I'm down to 3 days I'm feeling more excited than anything ! If you truly feel that you've done your research, you're well educated and know what to expect then you should feel good about your decision. You've picked a great surgeon with tons of experience !! I will report my full experience when I get back as well so you have even more information. What is it specifically that you worry the most about ?

I guess I just have "what if's" going through my mind. What if there are complications? That's my main concern. Coming back with complications and how I will received here in the states after having a procedure in Mexico. But I also firmly believe that the benefits outweigh the risks here.. I've been heavy my whole life and I'm ready for a change! Good luck to you and I can't wait to review your post!

I guess I just have "what if's" going through my mind. What if there are complications? That's my main concern. Coming back with complications and how I will received here in the states after having a procedure in Mexico. But I also firmly believe that the benefits outweigh the risks here.. I've been heavy my whole life and I'm ready for a change! Good luck to you and I can't wait to review your post!

Have you discussed follow-up care with your PCP? Mine was on board with my surgery and had me scheduled for an appointment and bloodwork for one month post-op to make sure I wasn't developing any nutrient deficiencies or having any post-op issues. I had an appointment with her at 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, and next week at 8 months just to check in and make sure everything is going well.

Yes that is prob my main concern too ! I finally gotten over my fear of being kidnapped by drug cartels or shot by random gunfire lol and I'm more comfortable with the flight though it's not my favorite thing to do but I'm still left worrying about 1) post op complications and 2) I worry it won't work for me since I'm a revision. I don't have anyone set up to follow up with at home so there is that as well. I know they do leak tests and I plan to do an excessive post op diet (with my sleeve I did 4 whole weeks of liquids!) to make sure I heal really well ! I'll prob do that again this time too just so I don't take any chances of eating too soon ! Other than that it's just really playing the odds ! Thankfully only a 1% chance of a leak are pretty good odds ! Lol