Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else shitting bricks?!

I had the worst constipation!!! It was horrible. How far out are you

@@pgarcia0812 LOL! I meant I was so nervous I was shitting bricks, not literally. HAHA! This just made my day :)

Lmao!!!! Well just watch out after surgery! ????????????????

Hahaha OH BOY! They actually just switched my surgery date to April 29 NEXT WEEK! AHHHH! What procedure did you have and when?! How are you doing?? @@pgarcia0812

AWESOME! So exciting!! and i had the gastric bypass a month ago tomorrow. :) so far im doing good other than the Constipation hiccup...are you required to lose weight before surgery? are you nervous at all?

YAY!! I'm glad you are doing well! How much weight have you lost so far? Any advice?

I have Oxford insurance so I had to see a nutritionist for 6-months and I lost some weight (maybe 5-8 pounds tops). I wasn't required to lose any weight, but now I'm on the pre-surgery diet so I'm sure I will lose a little more. I am also getting the bypass and am SUPER EXCITED, but really nervous too :(

I've lost 20 more pounds on top of the 33 before surgery, i wanted to lose more in my first month but i was (like mentioned above) severely constipated and i think that was a big factor in me working out so i didn't start fully working out until about 3 weeks out ( i was walking before then, just nothing intensive) only complications i had was the Constipation. I have kaiser and they required me to lose weight before hand it was like 24lbs but i lost 33. I wasnt hungry at all, to me its more mental than anything. Like the smell of fast food or the smell of someone cooking something yummy i wanted it but i knew i ultimately couldnt have it. The first couple weeks were the hardest but once you get pass that it seems like a breeze (food still becomes a problem every once in awhile) but im happier and im already down a pant size. I love hearing "OMG YOU CAN TOTALLY SEE IT" the weight loss that is. Now im back to solid foods and i literally have to force myself to eat and when i do i have like 2 bites and im done.

Keep me posted on how everything goes for you

& let me know if you run into any questions and i can give advice on what i did if i ran into it

youll do great! im so happy for you :)

That's AMAZING! CONGRATS! Now I'm going to stalk your life ;)

How long were you in the hospital for and how long before you could return to work?

Any suggestions on Protein shakes (brands, flavors, etc)?

What does your diet consist of now?

What were you eating during the liquid/puree time period?

Sorry for all the questions! One of my biggest fears is loose skin. I know it is going to happen whether I like it or not, but I want to do everything in my power to make it less noticeable (esp on my arms).

Thank you :) & that's totally fine as long as i can stalk yours lmao!

I was in the hospital for one night, didn't need anything longer than that. I was literally doing laps in the hallway (walking that is) you want to walk as much as possible to alleviate the major gas pains you'll have (from them pumping you with air)

I was out of work for two weeks, if i didn't have the issue with Constipation i think i would've been fine to come back after the first week but id suggest if you could take the time off take it just because you will be very tired and still healing. Im not sure which line of work your in and if its a physical job or not but me i sit at a desk and get up and down throughout the day to file charts. I couldve taken off a month but i knew that we didnt have anyone in our office that was going to do all my work and the longer i was out the more it piled up lol.

Protein shakes....i went with the Premier Protein for a while but i soon became tired of those esp vanilla, you may be different but they were delicious to start off with ( i liked the chocolate one more, it reminds me of chocolate milk) I have since bought the big container of Syntrax nectar fuzzy naval ( fuzzy naval is the flavor) its ok, not too bad its tolerable but i know for the nectar brand you can go on there website and try sample packs ( you do have to pay for them) but that way you dont buy something and not like it. The premier Proteins can come in packs of 4 pre made at like Walmart and then they have bulk at like sams club or costco (not sure if you guys have these places where you live but you guys should have something similar)

My diet now...Im pretty much back on everything but everything is very minimal. I can make a whole can of tuna (with light tuna of course) and eat on it for days. I have to stay away from raw vegetables right now just because they can get stuck. and i have to make sure that if i do a meat that i chew it super well otherwise that can also get stuck.

liquid/puree stage... i didnt really puree anything except for Beans, i lived on Beans for awhile along with all my liquid stuff: broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, yogurt, cream of wheat or cream of rice. YOU WILL GET TIRED OF ALL OF THIS STUFF, but once you start having solid foods again my doc told me to cut all of that stuff out completely except i could still enjoy some yogurt (high in protein)

As far as the loose skin thing, were young still so our skin is more elastic compared to if we were to do this down the road so m hoping that with continued exercise that it wont be as bad but im sure its somewhat inevitable just because of the amount of weight were dropping in the period were dropping it.

Have you bought all of your Vitamins yet? Do you have any issue with taking pills now?

And its no problem about how many questions you ask im just glad i can share some stuff with you :) to make it hopefully an easier transition.

http://www.premierprotein.com/

powder?csrc=GPF-PA-Sports%20%26%20Fitness-893912123536&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=893912123536&gclid=CKmOu-OwisUCFVGUfgod0IoAKg" rel="external nofollow">http://www.vitacost.com/syntrax-nectar-whey-protein-isolate-powder?csrc=GPF-PA-Sports%20%26%20Fitness-893912123536&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=893912123536&gclid=CKmOu-OwisUCFVGUfgod0IoAKg

ive put links to the Proteins, hopefully they work

AHH you are the BEST! Thank you soooo much! I'm definitely prepared to get up and walk around the day of surgery, so hopefully I won't have to stay at the hospital that long either! My job is a desk job too, so I'm only taking a week off. My surgery is on a wed so I'm taking wed, thurs, fri that week, and the following week depending on how I feel I may go in on wed or thurs.

Thanks so much for the links to the Protein shakes, I'm def gonna check out those samples! I'm very picky when it comes to Protein Shakes so that's awesome you can buy samples before buying the huge tub! I'm nervous for the puree/liquid part of the diet because I feel like I won't get full...

If you have a lot of excess skin, would you consider the plastic surgery? I know I am LOL! My friend had it done and she said it was painful as hell, but so worth it.

As far as the Vitamins go, I have not got them yet. I'm gonna go this weekend to get all the stuff I need. Does your dr require you to take an anti-acid everyday?

I'm so glad I can talk to someone who JUST had it done! Thanks so much :)

Yea if it is bad then i will most likely do the plastic surgery option i know im going to have to do something for my boobs already lol...

as far as an anti acid, not im not required to take one

do you have a history with heartburn? maybe thats why

i take a multi Vitamin, B12, b1, Calcium citrate, Vitamin D, Iron and vit c

its crazy to think about how many pills i take a day now

Congrats I'm going to stalk both of you just starting my journey and I have a six month supervised diet ... I have completed the psychological evaluation and pop letter scheduled my sleep study for May 15 and one month done of the 6... I'm excited but extremely nervous looking into Vitamins now and try to find a Protein Shake that I can start drinking now at least for Breakfast

@@pgarcia0812 I guess there's a higher risk with GERD with the bypass so my dr makes us take an anti-acid... just another pill on top of the HUNDREDS we are already taking! Speaking of pills, are all of your Vitamins in a chew-able or liquid form? Any tips on where to buy the Vitamins without breaking the bank? I went to GNC and walked right out because everything was crazy expensive!

@@sweettooth2015 congrats to you too and stalk away! Do you have Oxford for insurance? I'm very nervous too! My surgery is next wed (april 29) and I'm EXCITED yet SO SCARED! I just had an appt with pre-admission to get blood work, ekg, medical history...it finally feels REAL! You will be fine, what surgery are you considering?

No I have united healthcare choice plus I am torn between the sleeve and bypass but leaning more heavily towards bypass even though it's more invasive I think it would be a better tool and effective for me