Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved yesterday! How I feel 24 hours out... And when did you all get rid of the gas?

My surgery was March 28 1 pm. It's now March 29 at 440 pm. I was just allowed ice chips. I was really nervous before surgery...didn't help our plane trip to Mexico was a nightmare! Our flight was cancelled, re routed, and overnight in an airport. So I was supposed tobe in the night before surgery, be ended up day late and taken to surgery as soon as I arrived. That was nerve racking! Everything has gone as well as it could now though..I'm shocked you can have 75%of your stomach removed and not be in horrible pain. I have had no pain, just very bloated. Just feels like a lot pressure, kinda sour stomach feeling. I was afraid I would be miserable with no food/water but haven't been. Especially since my pre surgery fast was extended by several hours cause of plane. I have had a couple bouts of nausea, and wretched a bit. But it was actually a relief, made me kind of burp & relieved some pressure.

When did the rest of you get relief from the gas or pressure.? We go home in about 48 hrs, and if bloat doesn't go Down a lot, plane ride will be pretty miserable!

Try to walk as much as possible. Raise your arms up as if you are lifting dumb bells. The movements will help push the gas out. Welcome to the loser's bench!

I remember after getting out of surgery I was dry heaving really bad but they gave me something for it and I was good.

The one thing I remember most is wondering where my BM was lol. 5 days later, all clear.

The gas will go away. Just be patient.

Mine was just under 3 days. I remember the night before I was supposed to fly across country to come home I was worried because I was still pretty uncomfortable. Woke up that 3rd day and what a change! Every day gets better!

I stopped feeling the gas pain at about five days. Keep moving..it's the only solution to the gas...I had it in my shoulders ...very painful.

Thanks all! It's getting better & better.. At least now I can release it. To my surprise, @@pinkbunies, mine returned today, just day after. I was shocked. I'm so glad not to have the shoulder gas @@LovinSoul