Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before I vent with my post, know that I am fully accepting responsibility for my actions, and even posting this is a way for me to own up to that. I do not expect you to be "nice" or "polite" about any response you may feel like writing. Feel free to give me every low-down, gritty detail of whatever your opinion may be about this. I'm a big girl (still) I can handle it.

For whatever reason, maybe cause I'm PMS'ing, I ended up binging on calories & carbs yesterday. I saw it happen as I put everything I ate into myfitnesspal and I slyly justified every bit of it in my head one way or another. Here's what I ate yesterday.

Sugar loaded coffee creamer - 147 cals / 14 carbs

Prune juice - 85 cals / 22 carbs

pizza - ate one slice at 3 different times during the day. - 169 cals / 6 carbs

Turkey sandwich on a whole wheat sandwich thin with provolone cheese, yellow mustard, and light Dukes mayo - 295 cals / 25 carbs

Homemade meatloaf - 291 cals / 18 carbs

ketchup - 40 cals / 10 carbs

Larabar cashew cookie mini - 100 cals / 10 carbs

Red delicious apple - 22 cals / 6 carbs

Peanut Butter with that apple - 190 cals / 8 carbs

Total for the day - 1434 calories, 123g carbs, 63g fat, and only 74g protein!!!

What a horrible day. Thankfully, that is the only time I have binged like that since surgery but it's no excuse. PMS isn't an excuse either. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

Back on the wagon today. Looking at everything I ate, I don't think I ate "unhealthy" except for the pizza. But it's still too much for where I'm at post op. And no, I did not get my fluids in. If I had pushed fluids like I was supposed to, I wouldn't have had time to eat all that food.< /p>

On top of that, the day before I only ate 750 calories and 75 g Protein. I had been on a losing streak until this day. I always slump when I don't get enough calories. So it was a bad weekend all around.

But, like I said, I'm back on track today. I have no one to blame but myself. Heading to the gym tonight for some intense cardio then home to kick my butt on my total gym.

Ok, there it is. My binge confession.

Lol. You're not the first to have a day like that nor will you be the last. It's going to happen to all of us at some point during our weight loss journey. As long as we get back on track it's all good.

Thanks for your honest heart-felt post! You describe so well how I feel also!

Hmmmm. ...being 7 weeks out I can't imagine eating that much, however, you've opened my eyes to that possibility and how important it will be to remain vigilant in later months. Thanks for the post.

It's commonly referred to on here as "grazing". The sleeve stops us from eating a lot at once, but nothing stops us from eating a little all day long. Gotta stay strong!

Girl...we've all been there. We've all done it. It's OK!!! Get your cute lil patoot back on the wagon and ....

Nope. Can't do it.

What the holy heck? You know better! Thankfully this was only a one day thing and you've pulled yourself back together today, right? RIIIIGHT!?!

Any idea what pushed you over the edge? Boredom? Stress? What are your plans next time you feel this way?

Who knows? One day of not so great choices may trigger a great loss. It does quite often for many people. Just don't let it happen again. Or, if you do, at least spend that binge on something worthwhile!

:D

@@beachgurl84

Before I vent with my post, know that I am fully accepting responsibility for my actions, and even posting this is a way for me to own up to that. I do not expect you to be "nice" or "polite" about any response you may feel like writing. Feel free to give me every low-down, gritty detail of whatever your opinion may be about this. I'm a big girl (still) I can handle it.

Nevertheless, I will be nice and polite. No one got here by making good choices. We all have a history of failures. The beautiful thing about the sleeve is that you can take this and start over today. The restriction is still there and you obviously are committed.

Keep working towards your goals. You can do this!

LOL I started to read that shaking my head thinking "this can't be right"

Whew! Thought you lost it for a minute @@LipstickLady

I hadn't considered any extensive (ish) self evaluation. Couldn't hurt. It was most likely due to the fact that even 7 months later I still crave smoking sometimes. I spent yesterday unpacking some boxes and my go to break time would be smoke time. So every time I needed a break yesterday, I needed something to do. Well it was just me & the dogs at home and not a single soul to see me! Bad habits certainly do slip back when you least expect it.

I think next time I do that I'll just have a leash handy and take the dogs for a short stroll if I need a break. I always advocate getting up and walking away when the cravings hit but I didn't follow my own advice.

I am almost 4 weeks post-op and this has opened my eyes to the possibility of pitfalls and set-backs. I didn't think you could take in all of that food until about a year out.

This is a good warning to us newbies not to be too anxious to "eat what we want."

It is a good idea to journal our food and beverage intake on a daily basis so that we can be accountable and be able to go back and see what we did right or wrong over a particular period of time.

Do you think it is a good idea to go back to basics for a few days after a binge? By "back to basics" I mean, a few days of high Protein, no carbs and lots of Water.

Do you think it is a good idea to go back to basics for a few days after a binge? By "back to basics" I mean, a few days of high Protein, no carbs and lots of Water.

At almost two years out, I think it's not a BAD idea to check yourself every month or so for a few days. When I feel as if I am losing track, I spend a day or three eating only lean Protein and drinking lots of Water. It resets my thinking and rids my body of the carb cravings. :)

Go, my child, and sin no more.

;)

Most of us have days like that. Yours wasn't so bad. I got on a homemade popcorn binge last week. Now I'm back on track. Your human and we all make mistakes. Don't be so hard on yourself :)

It's weird and I'm In no way telling you to binge but sometimes upping your calories and carbs can actually cause you to drop some weight. Good thing you recognize it as bad and are changing it! Way to go!