Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fleur de Lis TT 20th of March

The procedure went smoothly and it seems recovery is going quickly. I might even be sent home tomorrow..!!! Drains, catheter & IV came out today and I've been to the bathroom to pee twice. I've eaten and the doctor seems pleased.

He explained the Fleur de Lis, while being the more "extreme" TT procedure, delivered the best and longest lasting results. If I lose more weight, the FdL TT results will stay just as nice whereas with the normal TT there's a risk of, after possible additional weightless, the skin could hang over the scar line requiring additional surgery.....

Best luck on your surgery recovery!

Personally, the first 7 days post TT

Kicked me in the ass. Hard.

After that, recovery is progressing much faster.. Way less pain. Getting up is much easier!

Let us be honest. It hurt... But meds were very helpful. And rest. Do not overdo! You will pop a stitch or stretch your scar if not compliant ...

At 11 days post op, I am now using silicone scar gel pads. They have helped with scar tissue... There is new evidence in studies... Lots of info to google

So we learn new things and continue to improve????

Good luck to all considering WLS plastics!

@@Robynne Hazebroek-Buzanko and @@Julie norton, I am glad that you both had successful, uncomplicated surgeries and hope that you continue to recover without any problems. Please continue to check in so that we can follow your progress.

I will be having the fleur de lis in May and am looking forward to it with hope and trepidation. Hearing from people who have gone before me is very helpful and encouraging.

Hi again everyone.

Had quite an ok night.. Was finally able to find a good position to sleep in. Pain is reasonable and mostly categorized as pressure & tightness, which is logical. Moving is still with difficulty and I'm walking like I'm 80, but that's ok. Got up in the night alone to pee; but movement is slow & sensitive. I'll probably be able to shower today and if my surgeon approves, I might get to go home. I'll keep you all updates and will post pics once I can get a good after pic done. :)

Good luck everyone and feel free to ask any questions - no matter what!

Glad you are doing well. It does keep getting easier.

Hi again everyone.

Had quite an ok night.. Was finally able to find a good position to sleep in. Pain is reasonable and mostly categorized as pressure & tightness, which is logical. Moving is still with difficulty and I'm walking like I'm 80, but that's ok. Got up in the night alone to pee; but movement is slow & sensitive. I'll probably be able to shower today and if my surgeon approves, I might get to go home. I'll keep you all updates and will post pics once I can get a good after pic done. :)

Good luck everyone and feel free to ask any questions - no matter what!

Glad things are going well!

I hope your procedure went well and you have a speedy recovery!

I foresee a TT in my future. I will likely wait until summer 2016 as I will soon reach my stretch goal weight and want to see how much my skin snaps back on its own first. I'm curious though why people elect to get the fluer de lis vs. a regular TT. I thought those were for patients who had lost significant amounts of weight and had very large skin bibs? The poster above who attached a picture looked like she could have had a regular TT. I'm in the beginning stages of doing my research and would love to hear why people chose the procedures they did. That's a very large vertical scar that would be impossible to hide. Did they tell you a Regular TT wouldn't work?

I honestly don't know what the right answer is, but I had a traditional abdominoplasty and lower body lift 1/9/15. I've been struggling since then with a seroma, and it has stretched out my skin, so I have a smaller pannus again, which will require a revision in the future. I think our skin has stretched out so much due to obesity, that it stretches back out again really easily.

Glad to read that you are doing great. I like you had minimal pain. I had a reg. TT 2/15/12. My PS didn't do drains... Which i was glad for. I could not be happier with the results.

Im not sure how you feel about tats.... but my friend and fellow Lapbander... Lellow has some amazing pic of how she covered her scar with tats... It's not for everyone... but i think she look HOT..

Go look at her before and after pics...... Wishing you continued success...

Hello once again.

So.. It's 11 days post-op. I went in today for my first check up. Stitches & bandages removed. All looks really good - except the point where all the pieces of skin were joined together. There's a little inflammation and irrigation which, the surgeon said was due to the edge of the corset. He prescribed me a cream for the inflammation and told me to come back in 2 weeks.

Further, I am to ditch the corset for control-panties. Bought some today right away. Not the kind that go all the way to my ribs, just the waist-high kind. It's taking some getting used to, but I guess that's normal. :)

Planning on cutting back the pain meds from 4 to 3 times a day...

I've got a before & after pic. I find it hard to post, but going to make myself. I hope no one is offended by them...

Thanks for reading and for all your support..

post-248944-14278044789907_thumb.jpg post-248944-14278045000201_thumb.jpg

amazing!! Bet it feels great to have all that skin gone! Did they tell you how many pounds they took off?

Thank you! It does feel amazing - but also surreal. Something I'm still adjusting to..

They told me it was approximately 4 kilos worth - which is another reason it's being "difficult" with healing. ;-)

Edited by Robynne Hazebroek-Buzanko

It does take a while before you brain realizes that you are thin, think it took me about a year or two after reaching goal. Even now, when I buy something, I hold it up, and have a moment of fear that it's too small, lol

You look great! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Keep looking at those before and after pictures!

Wow. What a great difference! Congratulations on taking the plunge

Scars look good for 11 days! Mine is 20 days and is calming down. Using silicone scar strips at night. My doc says to use binder as much as possible. Then. Spanx or constricting garment. All docs have their own way. Hope you are as glad as I am that it is done.

Thanks again guys. My anxiety is purely in my own neurotic and slightly schizophrenic mind - logical side fighting with emotional side. Of course it'll take time and of course it feels vulnerable - but the doc wouldn't have been so casual if it was anything to worry about. I know this - but my emotional side can't stop worrying! Hahaha! Anyone else have this problem?

And I am SO happy with the results. Happy how I feel and how it looks. The reward for all the effort the past few years. Time to readjust my perspective - I know I'll still walk around places I think I can't fit through for a while and buying clothes will definitely have to be WITH someone who will knock the oversized stuff out of my hands. All wonderful stuff I'm actually looking forward to. New challenges that'll just be fun.

I was allowed to sleep laying flat on my back (instead of half-sitting) last night! Bliss!! And getting ever closer to being able to sleep on my side again!! Can't wait! Tho - it'll be weird without the lump of tummy to "cuddle" with! Hahaha..