Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else get bad anxiety before going somewhere where your size may be an issue? I'm going to see a comedy show at the local theater and I'm so anxious that I won't fit in the seats. My husband has been looking forward to this all week but I'm so scared I won't fit.

I've started calling ahead because this is definitely an issue for me. If you call and let them know your issues they are better able to accommodate your needs.

I was able to squeeze into my seat. I'm just praying no one has to sit next to me other than my husband.

I really have been having a hard time getting out and doing things because of this very issue. I havent taken a vacation in almost two years because of the last embarrarassing airline seat experience i had. I avoid any place that has only booths for seating. Even the chair at the medical center lab is so small that the arm wont go all the way down. I can hardly wait to be a more normal size again.

I used to stress for this exact reason. I was scared I would break a chair or have to pry it off my butt when I stood up. It's really tough. I feel for you.

I'm proud that I made it through the entire show. A small lady had the misfortune of having the seat next to me and all I kept getting the vibe she was annoyed having to sit next to the "fat chick". I'm sure it was just me being self conscious.

I hate when I feel that way. I can't wait for Monday to get here and get it over with.

Ugh I feel you. I am preop (no surgery date just yet) and I am way more excited for the nsv rewards than the scale. I want to be able to ride on an airplane ( I don't even want to deal with the issues of being an obese person on a flight) , be able to go to theme parks and ride rides, not worry about if I will fit in the seat every where I go. I am very excited for those changes. I'm planing an Orlando vacation as soon as I loose some weight and ride every ride I can at disneyworld and islands of adventure. Anyways people don't realize how exhausting it is to be overweight. Like I always make sure to be the first one to show up to the restaurant so I can request a table ( not a booth). One time I couldn't do that I was on a date with my then boyfriend (now my ex) and they had to get a chair for me and I had to sit at the end of the table in a chair because all they had was a booth. I wanted to cry the whole time it was so embarrassing. I wanted to leave but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I can't wait until I never have to worry about things like that.

Ugh I feel you. I am preop (no surgery date just yet) and I am way more excited for the nsv rewards than the scale. I want to be able to ride on an airplane ( I don't even want to deal with the issues of being an obese person on a flight) , be able to go to theme parks and ride rides, not worry about if I will fit in the seat every where I go. I am very excited for those changes. I'm planing an Orlando vacation as soon as I loose some weight and ride every ride I can at disneyworld and islands of adventure. Anyways people don't realize how exhausting it is to be overweight. Like I always make sure to be the first one to show up to the restaurant so I can request a table ( not a booth). One time I couldn't do that I was on a date with my then boyfriend (now my ex) and they had to get a chair for me and I had to sit at the end of the table in a chair because all they had was a booth. I wanted to cry the whole time it was so embarrassing. I wanted to leave but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I can't wait until I never have to worry about things like that.

I know what you mean. I'm like you I don't care what numbers the scales say as much as I care to literally fit in more. I avoid going anywhere with friends if I know there's walking involved because I don't want to be huffing and puffing and sweating and smelling. Getting rid of this weight and just having less of me to hold up is what I look forward to.