Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well folks I find myself in such a pickle. I got my sleeve 11-4-14. All has been going wonderful. Although I have battled with nausea I am still tickled with this tool. My December 22nd appointment the dr was happy with my progress. Moving along I set out to up my next step and joined the gym. I was stuck in a stall. My next appointment was set for 2-2.... However, last Saturday I was bitten by a dog and broke my right arm near the wrist in 3 places. My left arm needed staples. The pain I have experienced is the worst pain in my entire life! I went to the ER on Saturday and was given a splint until I could get to the ortho Monday. Due to the fact it was an open wound they would not cast so that I could clean the site daily. By Tuesday my arm started to swell. Having a broken bone in my history and confirming with both my aunt who is an RN and the ortho dr swelling would be expected due to the trama so I didn't worry. By Thursday I was back in the orthos office and he was concerned for infecton and opted to take me into surgery Friday AM! :( so that's when I kinda freaked out. I had just reached 12wks post op. Surgery was set to put plate/screws in the bone. Yet once in surgery the dr cleaned the area yet didn't put on any hardware die to infection. What was set for a simply procedure done outpatient went sour. They selected to keep me in the hospital. They advised that on Monday we will review things. And maybe I can go home. Yet if the dr feels it is necessary I may simply be taken back to surgery for the plate/screws. I haven't been able to exercise and feel this is such a setback :( I just want to cry! They have me on several strong medications and an I'v bag the entire time of my stay thus far. Still the pain is aweful. Before this accident I had just started being able to get more calories in to help break my stall.

My weight is up a few pounds in all this mess. And my sleeve has not been. Happy with me. I had to call my gastric dr and postpone my appointment because I'm not sure I will be released.

For whatever reason this just feels like such a hurtle!

This is not the hospital where I received the sleeve and have to explain my unusual eatin. I am Greatful because the dietary group has come to see me and always sends up a Greek yoghert and modifies my tray with things that work within my diet.

I'm simply feel stuff and sore and hurting. Even though I get up to walk and stretch. It's taking a toll on my body and my hair has started falling out! :( too much stress.

Thank you for reading I guess I just wanted to cry out to someone.

Poor dear, that must have been terrifying - I am a dog lover but it would be scary. I would be feeling some trauma from that experience. Did the broken bone come from a a fall due to the bite?

Deep breath on the sleeve. No exercise is temporary, plenty of people didn't exercise at 12 weeks and still lost weight. Why is sleeve bothering you?are you eating properly or is it just stress making it touchy? Go back to your easy mild foods...let it rest. Meditate or deep breathing can help. Remember this too shall pass.

Sending you speedy healing wishes.

The sleeve seems to be unhappy with all the meds they have me on plus the added stress.

I am and always have been an Animal lover. Rescued many and this dog was first rescued from an abusive home by my Father who passed away in 2010 and that's where I step in and took over. This dog has slept at my feet for years. Saturday we woke up early cuddled and watched a movie. I went to the kitchen and got some coffee... Came back and asked if he wanted to go out and scratched the top of his heAd as I had done so many times before and he just snapped with a bite to the bone.. He did chomp twice as I heard and felt both crunches of bone. The ortho advised he could see where tooth went through the bone I physically had to restrain him until the dog catcher could come take him away and I headed to the ER.

I have altered what I'm eating back to some of the basics to help neutralize any issues that new foods may cause.

I also find the positive that I know I will not be dehydrated as they are busy giving me iVs while I'm here :)

Yes this to shall pass, I'm just ready to get back my norm! :) thank you for your reply

Praying for a speedy & full recovery! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Don't let any weight gain you see discourage you. It's the IV fluids and you will drop it when you are off those. Focus on doing what the doctors say... you will get through this! You are a WLS vet after all and we're made of tough stuff ????

I'm sending you (((( BIG HUGS )))) and healing thoughts ☺️

I will pray for you. Take one day at a time. I know you are in a lot of pain. I broke my wrist before and I had to have a plate and 4 screws place. Just take 1 day at a time.God bless????????????

Oh you poor thing! DO take time to have as many meltdowns as you want, that's just awful. You need nutrition now more than anything, you've had several major traumas that you're trying to recover from. Don't worry about exercise right now. Truly that's the least of the concerns at the moment. Concentrate on healing.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.

Don't let any weight gain you see discourage you. It's the IV fluids and you will drop it when you are off those. Focus on doing what the doctors say... you will get through this! You are a WLS vet after all and we're made of tough stuff ????

I'm sending you (((( BIG HUGS )))) and healing thoughts ☺️

YES! It's that IV!!! I gained 9 lbs overnight after my surgery from fluids.

Just take care to make sure it didn't get infected. The sleeve will still be there when you get better. Ok just have the hospital give you pureed food till you get home. Don't worry about the weight worry about you. Feel better soon.

Thank you to everyone who replied. This situation of min has turned into a total nightmare. 4 day stay in hospital with I'v antibiotics and Fluid I gained 10lbs. I know it's Water weight so that I know will fall off again. Sadly I've been informed the infection was in the bone . My two choices were either have I'v antibiotics for 2/4 wks brought by home health and have an I'v line the entire time or opt 2-try a combination of two very strong oral antibiotics.again-2-4wks. My option was try the oral antibiotics and be free from the I'v. That being said this is extremely difficult for me with my sleeve. I'm post op and had just went onto my last food phase. Eating is still a challenge. Now with these harsh meds it's all but impossible. Thank goodness for Greek yoghert and small amounts of Soup. At this point all bets are off and if I find something that doesn't make me sick I eat it. :( today I had a Protein bar, cup of fruit and 1/4 cup chili. The meds effect my taste even more now that I have my sleeve. I'v reached out to both nut & dr. I'm scared this will have an impact on me. My health is important and this caught me totally off guard. My body needs nutrition now more than ever yet I fight the nausea caused by the meds. A vicious circle. I'm Greatful to my Drs and this site for the support when feeling I'm in the bottom of the bucket.

Thank you all again!

Feel better soon. I hate it for you. Hopefully those antibiotics work quickly