Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no fat on my rear anymore and I find it painful to sit for hours on any kind of chair or couch, even a soft recliner. The good part about that is I get up and walk the stairs at work at least three times during the day. The bad part is that even going to the movies hurts after an hour. I did not expect that.

The other fanny-tastic event of the last couple weeks was a long overdue multiple hemorrhoidectomy. Like eight or nine years overdue. Oh. My. God. I have never had such post op pain in my frickin life. I delivered two babies and just had WLS, and all three of those events were a damn piece of cake compared to this recovery.

The good part is I had a nice, funny surgeon who put me at ease and helped me laugh through the humiliation of that hiney exam. I'm proud of myself for taking care of business, so to speak. It's also given me a whole new determination to never let regularity issues get out of control, because I never want to go through that post op again!! Years of obesity and pain medications that contributed to irregularity were the culprit.

So, this post ain't delicate or dainty or ladylike, but consider the source.

It somehow helps to commiserate.

Amirite?

Ha ha, good for you. No one would ever accuse me of being ladylike and I appreciate your cautionary tale. Tail. I imagine this will make some exercise easier. Good on ya.

@@JustWatchMe OK now you make me rethink this again....I have had stomach and bowel issues my whole life. However..nothing created the roids until I had my first son. Pushing that little sucker out into the world created a bunch of little annoyances I have had for the last 26 years.

Now I'm sure I didn't help by pushing and pushing and not breathing and then taking a deep breath after a push and sucking that little guy right back up instead of OUT.

So a few years after I had my last son a Dr. asked me about this operation..and I said I'll think about it since they don't really bother me. Then a co-worker a few years after that had it done and I heard about the painful recovery and I said NOPE with my fat fanny no one is gonna care so why should I they don't bother me.

OK well now that the fanny is not so "fat" even though it's still a biggin and it sits on my back I have a very tiny torso so it's all TnA (I know TMI) and now...those little buggers bug me.

I recently told hubs I might do this after all...and now...yeah Ima rethinking that thought.

Edited by lisacaron

My tailbone has been sore all week because I finally decided to start doing some strength training instead of pure cardio for exercise. On Sunday I did various core exercises, including crunches and pendulums and since then my tailbone has been bruised feeling. I think I don't have enough cushioning over my tailbone anymore!

Could not resist reading this post after seeing the catchy title. I will be sure to take my Probiotics much more regularly from now on. ;)

@@JustWatchMe I have NO butt either girl and let me tell you that first sentence rang so true that immediately after reading it my booty bone started hurting from the thought of it!! I have to move around a lot too. My tail bone literally sticks out and the other day I went to sit down on a plastic chair and hit that thing wrong and OMGosh did that hurt.

Sorry to hear about the other issue, luckily I haven't experienced that and hopefully won't I cant stand pain like that, I would rather someone just punch me in the face, that I can handle. LOL.

I hope you are feeling better!!!

Edited by enjoythetime

My tail bone hurts constantly! I even purchased a pillow on Amazon.com and I take it everywhere with me. It provides a little relief.

I never thought what would happen when I lost my fanny.

Although I would definitely take that over being fat any day. Plus I read somewhere that your body will adjust.

Lisa, I guess it depends on the severity and location of the little buggers. Internal ones aren't supposed to hurt when ligated. But external stitches, especially not tiny ones, are in the danger zone for every bathroom break, and there's no getting around it! Ow ow ow!

Add mineral oil and laxatives to that to keep everything comfy, and then you're in danger of explosive urgency at any time! Good thing we WLS patients already know to "never trust a fart"!

I am 12 days post op and today is the first day I went from adult diapers to a feminine pad. Yes, bleeding daily. It's improving, but slowly. I take three hot baths a day just for pain relief.

That said, I'm glad I took care of it. My doc says it will be "nice and pretty" once all healed. Love his humor. However, I had the operation on a Friday and expected to return to work Monday. Um, no. Took Monday off as well. I wish I had planned for three or more days off.

It's been exhausting.

@@JustWatchMe I am feeling for you!!! I have heard and seen a co-worker go through this before..very painful she was sitting on a donut ring for weeks and that's what scared me.

I had the internal ones done a few years ago during a colonoscopy and your right those didn't hurt at all, no stitching involved. These little buggers are external, they are small but I'm sure that doesn't matter much.

Maybe when I"m ready for the TT they can get those too and I can just be in agony all over at once :)

@Justwatchme- YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!! I had that surgery about 15 years ago and I feel so much better knowing WLS is easier! You are right that it is a bear, but it was sooo worth it! If you are 12 days out then you should be getting very close to the end of the painful part. After that, it is just a little discomfort. A soft pillow or the donut was my best friend for about 6 weeks. The good news is, it is a one time surgery because after the fact you are so focused on not having that surgery again that you include all the needed Fiber and veggies (and then some extra just for good measure) to stay on track! LOL

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Lol the stories of our lives....i have the same issues.... I sit on the bike at the gym and thought hmmmm seat is too hard..but its the cushion i lost loosing weight....i'll take that any day thank u... :D

You can't make this stuff up.

So today I'm feeling a little better, not so horribly sore, and back in regular underwear.

First thing in the morning, I take the dog out, and completely wipe out on the icy driveway.

My wrist, shoulder, elbow, and -- you guessed it -- tailbone got it bad.

Can't take NSAIDS so hoping this doesn't get too painful.

My poor tushie just can't get a break!