Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Higg blood pressure

Did anyone have issues with high blood pressure before surgery? I can't seem to get my controlled so my doctor gave me higher dose. I seem to get nervous when I'm getting my blood pressure taken. I hope it goes down

Did anyone have issues with high blood pressure before surgery? I can't seem to get my controlled so my doctor gave me higher dose. I seem to get nervous when I'm getting my blood pressure taken. I hope it goes down

Yes I'm still waiting to get approved too. I.hope with higher dose of medication it goes down. I've been losing weight too since they put me on the 1100 calorie diet. I feel I get anxious/ nervous when I'm gonna have my bp taken that it goes up. I've never had high BP up until this past august when I started stressing about weight etc

I've been on it since December 31st. Susan and it was a little in the beginning. I'm already used to it now. I've lost 13 pounds since I started. I need to, lose 20 to qualify for surgery. Now it's just my bp I need to get control of. I have anxiety cause I worry about my health so I get nervous every time I get my bp taken. Today I started on my higher dose of meds so hoping it works. How far are you into getting the surgery? All these steps we have to go through

Not exactly sure. I got the upper surgery done a few weeks ago. Surgeon said they will send results to insurance company and wait for the gb surgery to be approved or not. When they get the approval of it the surgery date will be made.

I thought there was a few other things I needed to do though. Like see a psychologist, meetings and so on. My next appt is this next Monday so I'll know more then.

I just wonder if it would be a healthy/right choice to do the liquid diet before I'm told to. Maybe for just a few days at a time. What do you think.

What's the upper surgery? I already seen the psychologist and did the seminar. I think they put you on the full diet liquid a week before surgery. My nutritionist put me on the 1100 calorie diet early lol. I don't know what other steps I need. I just want to be healthy and feel good enough to excerise etc. BTW it's nice to be chatting with you

Lol I don't remember the name of the surgery(part of my tbi). They just put something down my throat to look at my insides. So it really wasn't serious at all. I just want to be healthy and beable to be more active with my kids. I have no energy to do what they want or go where they want. As a single mom I need to be there for them more actively. Likewise, I think we all need someone to talk/chat with about things,specially about surgery and lifestyle changes.

OMG this has been my week for this one!! I have been on BP meds for a year and get all my pre op stuff done and go to the final PT and NUT visit on 1/13. Well guess what BP too high......delayed!! Delayed until BP gets to normal range 130s over 80s. well go to primary and get med change, now over 200/100 so called on call MD this morning and doubled that dose. Primary again tomorrow ugggggggggggggggg what a battle but yes you have to have it in control before they will move you forward trust me I am living it now.

Laurac727 my blood pressure is up and down and I haven't checked mine since I've had my dose increased on my meds. Tomorrow I will check. Do you feel any different when your bp goes up?

Marissa do you have any advice or pov on changing my diet before and especially after the gb but not changing my kids diet? I think I can get my kids diet a bit healthier though just not as much as mine will be.