Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT consult today leaving me with questions

I had a consult today with a different surgeon. They had two different recommendations for the procedure. One the anchor cut and the other a standard TT. She said she will pull down the skin tight and repair the muscle. She said I have a good hip curve already so the anchor cut wouldn't be needed. The other said with extra skin above my BB, an anchor cut will give a tighter waist. Anyone had a similar situation? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My PS told me to have the anchor cut (Inverted T) As it would give more waist definition - At the time I was a bit worried about the scar but I am glad I did - He said without it I could look 'boxy'

I am very glad I did but without seeing you - It is hard to tell.

Me before...

180210Belly02.jpg

And me not long after

120910-01_zps39f3108d.jpg

Edited by Scamp

post-176115-14203621610511_thumb.jpg

If you look from the front anything like I did - Then I would say go for the Inverted T - My ex said to me 'Well it ain't gonna hurt any more than the normal TT, so why not go for it' He was right (Tho my stomach muscles were not touched due to previous hernia surgery. I had no pain at all! A little bit of tightness making you bend forward for a few days - But no pain.

I am VERY happy I had the Inverted T - I look better bellywise than I ever did in my entire life!

In the end it is your decision, Though I did noticed when I bent forwards the skin hung off me like wax...... It was horrific!

I'd get a third opinion. Also, look at some of the work they've done. I've had lots of plastics in the past 4 months, and I had the lower body lift, so no abdominal scars. I also had breast lift, brachioplasty, and thighplasty, so that's a LOT of scars. I'm happy with it, but I don't love all the scars. I'm glad to not have one up the center of my belly. However, it's a trade off I'd make for better results, if needed.

I think a third opinion as said above is a good idea - I also have had alot of work done (Brachioplasty, breast reduction, inner thighs, outer thighs, butt lift and tummy tuck) So I have loads of scars but now - They are pretty pale, and definitely a trade off for a better result. Personally I have made friends with my scars as they are a part of my journey to find 'the true me' inside the thing I felt I was back then.....

Almost 5yrs on from Op1..... It was definitely worth it to me - Emotionally I feel so much better..... As well as physically, the mental aspect is so important

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches