Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First post... Banded on 12/18

Happy to find a forum to share my experiences and get advice and motivation. I had a rough first two days but no nausea or trouble with the gas... Just a really, really sore stomach. I'm planning to go into work tomorrow... Has anyone gone back to work after three days?

If you feel up to it I say go for it but I wouldn't lift on anything. I'm a stay at home Mom but I know after a few days I could get back into Mommy mode lol. Take it slow. Congrats on being banded hun:)

Edited by flmommyof2

Banded on a Thursday and back to my desk job on Monday. Work was fine. I stupidly carried laundry at home up the stairs though and my incisions were not happy. So no lifting. And walk whenever you can. I made a point of getting up from my desk every hour or so and walking around.

Thanks for the responses. Good advice. My stomach is so sore but not so much at the incisions. I think I'm starting to get hunger pangs confused with actual pain.

My band was super tight right after and for the first 5 days or so. I was just banded on the 12th myself but I am noticing that I am getting hungry more often now. Be careful what you choose to eat. I've had my first real stuck experience last night. It was awful and it scared me. I just didn't chew it enough and it would not go down. I had to make it come back up to get relief. So chew chew chew and try not to eat too much at once. Mine has been about 2 ounces of chunky foods and a little more of softer foods. It's definitely a new learning experience. This forum is loaded with just that...experience and very helpful people. Happy learning lol:)

Banded on a Tuesday and went back to work the next Tuesday. I felt weak but made it through. Was happy for the distraction but I have a desk job.

Amy421 - I was banded on the 19th and have been an emotional wreck since. My husband has been really supportive. I've gone through a rollercoaster of emotions. On another note, have you started mushy foods yet?

Hi LuvnLfe, I've been pretty emotional as well... I cried my head off a few times - including while I was at the hospital. I'm off Clear Liquids but I'm still on full liquids like cream based Soups, Protein Shakes, etc. Thursday and then I go on mushy foods. How are you feeling? My stomach still hurts pretty badly at the incision and port. I thought it would be a lot better by now.

Amy421- I'm feeling slightly better today. I went to church today and was totally lifted. It took me going through this procedure to learn and know that I was beautiful and worthy even without it. I devalued myself and my worth, but now I know how incredibly great I already was. I'm not in that much pain anymore, however I am still a little numb around and below my belly button. I think I'm healing well. Any particular cream Soup you can suggest? I really hope you get to feeling better and heal physically and emotionally.

I had my surgery on a Thursday and returned to work the following Monday. You know your body and your activity level. Choose wisely.