Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 300 calories

So I'm 17 days post op and have been trying the puree food slowly as it's hard to get much more than Water down. I've been tracking my food on fitness pal and I'm only having about 300 calories a day. Is this normal or ok???

Hi! I am one month post op tomorrow and I barely get 300 calories. Some days I'm lucky to get half that. But I'm never hungry and my grouch pouch is super sensitive when I do eat. I had a bad episode tonight so I'm thinking I may go back to the liquid phase for a few days. I am wondering how many calories other are getting too. ????

I have been tracking my calories on myfitnesspal and I have noticed the same thing! I am right around 300 or so calories a day unless if I use G2 as my fluids because it does contain calories. I also noticed that on days that I am craving sugar free creamsicles (20 calories each), I can add 40-60 calories with those because my pouch likes them and they help me when I am feeling parched. I prefer Water over ANY flavored anything because I am so sick of sweet and fruit flavored stuff.

I have been tracking my calories on myfitnesspal and I have noticed the same thing! I am right around 300 or so calories a day unless if I use G2 as my fluids because it does contain calories. I also noticed that on days that I am craving sugar free creamsicles (20 calories each), I can add 40-60 calories with those because my pouch likes them and they help me when I am feeling parched. I prefer Water over ANY flavored anything because I am so sick of sweet and fruit flavored stuff.

I feel you on the sweet aspect I'm so tired of "sweet" stuff I've been trying to get some Soup or broth for the savory taste but than the after taste in my mouth also sucks. I'm constantly brushing my teeth now lol

I am still losing but it is very slow! I have averaged out to about one pound a day but I can tell you that Ive been paying close attention and it does not fall off one pound at a time! According to my scale, I will stay the same for a day or two and then I will see a two or three pound loss. Some of this is probably due to Water and Fluid retention at times.

When I was 2 weeks post-op i was getting about 450 calories and had lost about 9 lbs since surgery. I was very disappointed with that. Surgeon thought I might need to increase calories, which I did to around 600-700. That seemed to help as my weight loss at my 4 week nutrition appt was 24 lbs. It is not easy to increase those calories since we can hold so little. I feel like I am constantly putting something in my mouth, whether it be liquid, solid or supplement!

Weight loss is about the same for me. I had six days of no loss and was so discouraged. I am one month post op today and have lost 31 pounds! I'll take it! If I include my pre op time I'm down 41 pounds. ????

I found for that first 5/6 weeks it was hard to get beyond 400 calories in a day and I continued to lose daily. By the way 1 lb a day is actually not a slow weight loss, that is rapid weight loss. You will begin to slow down so don't be surprised by it or let it discourage you. You have to be careful about letting the scale get the better of you.

I was told by my nutritionist that at about 6 weeks your new tummy is pretty healed and part of why I was still only at 400 calories was because I was afraid and not always eating my full portions of food. At about 8 weeks I was able to start getting my calories up to about 600 per day and I am at 12 weeks now. My calories average 700. I exercise every other day(cardio) for 30 minutes. On those days I have to actually increase my Protein so I have an extra shake.< /p>

Quick question are you guys still losing weight though even though your intake is low?

Yes. It took several weeks to even work up to getting all my Protein & Water in. Nearly 3 mths in and still Hoover between 600 &. 800 calories a day. I am losing steadily.