Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein recommendations

What are you using to mix it -- Blender Bottle, stick blender, etc.? And what are you mixing it with -- hot Water, cold milk? Often the issue is with the process rather than the powder itself. I have used Chike, Unjury, Syntrax Nectar, Syntrax Matrix, Jay Robb, Designer whey, HealthSmart, and some other brands and have had no problems as long as I keep the temperature and equipment right.

Yeah definitely use a blender of some sort. I find immersion blenders work best. Virtually all Protein will clump if you mix it with hot liquid - you need to use a food thermometer to make sure it is under 130 degrees if mixing with hot/warm liquid. Good luck!

I like the unjury brand, well blended its really delicious. As for already mixed, I super like Premier brand. It's really good!

Blender bottles are nice...did anyone mention that yet? I didn't read all the answers. Also, unflavored GENEPRO has 30 grams of Protein, is about a tablespoon per dose, and is totally Water soluble, kind of like Benefiber, only it's all Protein.< /p>

Ditto the blender bottles. I have 3 and I use it to mix everything. No problems with clumping. Then I just take it with me and drink out of the bottle. Virtually no cleanup. And the Fiber supplements I use are insoluable fiber so they settle out and it's nice to be able to shake it up in the bottle as I drink it.

Yeah definitely use a blender of some sort. I find immersion blenders work best. Virtually all Protein will clump if you mix it with hot liquid - you need to use a food thermometer to make sure it is under 130 degrees if mixing with hot/warm liquid. Good luck!

Thanks! I tried keeping the Water temp under 140 and it was fine. My only issue is I love hot Soup and 140 temp isn't hot enough. Any protein drinks/mix you know of that can stand a high temp?

After you mix it at 140 degrees, reheat it for the desired temperature.

@@mochax the HealthSmart brand of hot Soups, hot chocolate, and Cappuccino can take hot liquids -- not actually boiling, but anything below boiling and they mix fine without clumping.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-soups/

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/

It's been a while since I have used their soups, but I have their hot chocolate or cappuccino almost every day. My standard process -

mix 4 oz. Water + 4 oz. low carb skim milk

heat in big ceramic mug in microwave, 90 seconds

transfer liquid to blender beaker, mix with Protein powder + other flavorings such as instant coffee granules or Torani SF Syrup (I use my stick blender)

pour back into ceramic mug which is still hot from the microwave and helps keep my drink warm!

Thanks bufflehead I will certainly try that. Crazy as this may sound I don't have a blender. But I will be going to target today to purchase one