Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm officially 2 weeks post-op today, everything was going well till yesterday when I woke up with a serious head cold and of course I start my new job this coming Friday.

Is there anything I can take for this?

I also sneezed and pulled the muscles in my stomach that were starting to heal and now I can barely walk without sharp pain, tried the heating pad and Tylenol nothing helped to ease it.

@@moonlitestarbrite should I call my surgeon or my regular primary for this?..Surgeons office is an hour away, Primary is 10seconds away.

I had a head cold two days post-op that lasted over a week! I took liquid cold medicine and nasal spray with no issues. The liquid cold medicine was GROSS, though, so if you are already experiencing nausea, it may not be a great option.

@@JamieLogical thanks, Luckily no nausea so liquid cold medicine should work or gel caps since I am able to swollow pills. I just was curious if were limited in the amound we could take. My Dr never gave me a list of medications...

The only medications I was warned off of were aspirin and ibuprofen. I'm only supposed to take acetaminophen for pain, which is what most cold medicines have.

I came down with a cold about two weeks after surgery too. Without considering the consequences, I took NyQuil one night. Don't! It burned, and I was staggering drunk when I got up to use the restroom during the night. Watch out for alcohol in the liquid cold meds.

Well I called my Drs office and was only able to get a hold of the nurse practitioner who basically told me to just suck it up (the pain in my stomach that is) it's so bad I can barely move without it bringing tears to my eyes and I've tried everything for it.

Well I called my Drs office and was only able to get a hold of the nurse practitioner who basically told me to just suck it up (the pain in my stomach that is) it's so bad I can barely move without it bringing tears to my eyes and I've tried everything for it.

I hope you feel better. I sneezed yesterday and swore I broke my sleeve.

@@HalloweenBaby24, i don't think i'd let anyone tell me to suck it up if the pain is as bad as you say. if you called your pcp, call your surgeon now. they may have a different reaction. or just tell that nurse practitioner that you want an appointment to come in. don't let them stress you out, ok?

@@jessiquoi I called both my pcp who wasn't even willing to see me because the pain was due to surgery done by my surgeon, The Nurse I talked to was with my surgeons office and didn't seem concerned that I've literally been doubled over in pain for the past 3 day's at 2 weeks out. I'm having a hard time driving with the pain and his office is an hour away.

oh honey that sucks! i think you have been around the forums enough to be able to judge what is a normal amount of pain post op and what is not... of course everyone's different, but have you had anyone tell you that they've been doubled over in pain also at this point post-op? please use your best judgement and if you need help being tough, remember we're here for you. maybe you can go to a walk in clinic locally?

where in nj are you? isn't there anyone who can help you get to the surgeon's office? you should not be driving in that much pain. i'm almost tempted to come and drive you to the doctor (lol -- i'm in MD now but i'm an ex-jersey girl).

@@jessiquoi I'm 100% sure what I'm going through is nothing more then just a severely pulled muscle, I just wish I wasn't. Getting up and going anywhere is impossible right now, I just hope it's better by Friday I start my new job caring for a 3 month old..

@@jessiquoi I'm in Northern NJ which is quite the treck lol, I should know..I'm actually from MD and visit family quite often living in NJ. I guess I should just be resting more, It's hard with a 4 year old to just Rest and I feel bad not taking her out when it's so nice out. If this isn't somewhat better by Thursday I'm going in.